009

CHAPTER NINE

CHAPTER NINE

009. youngest marine captain

News traveled fast, and in no time, Kai ranked up faster than the speed of light. It took 2 days before he got discharged, being deemed way above in level than just being a trainee or chore boy.

As soon as he was discharged from training camp, he quickly climbed up the ranks by repeatedly defeating the strongest of each rank, in which where he settled with the rank, Captain, for now.

Garp's joy was great upon hearing the fast improvements that his grandson was making.

However, on Kai's case, he was in a great state of disbelief. He couldn't believe how weak the lower part of the Marines are, weren't they supposed to be the greatest enemy that will purge the pirate era? Although he was still unsure of the Fleet Admiral's strength, he was still surprised by how easy it was to climb up their ranking system.

He was a 16 year old, he was in his teenage body, he didn't even use his quirk.

Maybe the training with Garp for Haki  really did pay off well.

But now, he was on his way to the HQ to meet the fleet admiral, and like always, he was on a marine ship with recruits scattered all around. There was also a Captain with them, he was a pretty serious but laid back man adored by all of his followers, Vergo.

Or Vergo-san, since he did look triggered when he was called so casually by one of his peers.

"So, you're the new promoted Captain? Didn't you just leave Training Camp yesterday?" Vergo arched a brow, a little too uneasy at the 16 year old who remained unfazed and stoic, it was hard to stay calm when a kid younger than you was radiating more presence.

"That's right." Kai nodded. Though by his emotionless expression and neutral words, they mistakenly took it as a smug reply.

The recruits narrowed their eyes. Sure, the kid was way younger than them, but that doesn't mean he was-- in any form-- better. Maybe he bought the position like most people did. Although the rank, Captain, can't be bought so easily.

They were oblivious to the fact he was related to the Marine Hero.

"You sure you didn't buy your position?" A guy with uncanny light hair approached him, he had handknuckles on each hand and he was slowly approaching Kai who wasn't the slightest intimidated.

"Fullbody, isn't it?" Kai arched a brow.

The man, Fullbody, nodded-- a little confused on why the boy knows his name when he didn't even recall introducing himself.

"Why don't you sit back before I kill you." Kai hissed, and the man knew better than thinking that the boy was just kidding.

After all, they all realized at this point that Kai was no saint. His objectives for joining the Marines? They didn't know. But it was definitely not because of the goodness of his heart, he didn't have that.