006

CHAPTER SIX

CHAPTER SIX

006. departure

Everyone was gathered by the port, watching the Pirates they have grown to like pack their purchased stacks. It was an emotional farewell, but the most conflicted of them all was of course the boy who idolized those Pirates too much.

"Shanks," Luffy's bottom lip quivered as he held the given hat over his head tightly, but he was careful enough to avoid ruining it. "I— I. . ."

"You said you'll gather a crew stronger than mine? Then find me one day if you become a great pirate, and return that hat to me." The Captain said before boarding his ship, casting one last glance at the island with a fond look.

His eyes then landed at the stoic one of the two boys. As usual, Kai didn't show any sentimental attachment, but Shanks knew better. Even if the boy was as void as a brick and found it difficult to express himself most of the time, he could tell that Kai will be someone big one day.

Maybe even more so than his own brother.

But unbeknownst to the red haired Captain, while Luffy inherited the will of the former Pirate King. Kai, in return, inherited the same ruthless persona as the person who once brought fear to the world in the mere mention of his name.

"Bye-bye, Kai!" Yasopp noisily yelled from the decks, waving his arm frantically with a big grin. The boy only brushed him off.

Shanks smiled, it seemed like everyone grew attached to the boy, even if he was never around that much. But kids have always been Yasopp's kind of favorite people, he was the Dad.

Kai, however, did not return such sentiment. Yasopp was too loud for his liking, Lucky Roo always burped too loudly, the others always picked on him and kept urging him to be more lively like Luffy. Kai only liked the Captain and the Vice-Captain so far.

But even Shanks was often infuriating.

Oh, well. All this will merely be a past as soon as he enters the future. Pirates were never his thing, he disliked Pirates and Marines alike. He and Shanks were never bound to stand in the same platform.

But it was nice to have powerful connections to use as he slowly arises in power.

The red haired pirates' departure now marks as Kai's official start on commencing the prologue of his plan. With no more people strong or smart enough to meddle with his business, he can now ready his surprise for the day when the Celestial Dragons would finally arrive.