Chapter 21- Coronation

"So, let me get this straight. Your full name is Maria Maid, and you're the lost princess of Sherwood Forest?" Raven questioned from the other side of the MirrorPad's screen.

"That's what I've been told," I confirmed.

"Woah. Sparrow's going to be thrilled," Raven said.

"Even more so that we're supposed to be together and our relationship is not going to be a high-school romance." I laughed.

I heard Apple walk into the dorm room and waved at her. "How are things going for you, (Y/n)?"

"I just found out I'm a princess, so everything's good."

Apple gasped in delight. "That's spelltastic!"

"When is Sparrow going to find out?" Raven asked curiously.

"Tonight, when they announce my homecoming." I rolled your eyes.

"Wasn't he pulled out of school because of family matters?" Apple asked, confused.

"Apple, I'm the family matter," I admitted.

"Maria is the lost princess of Sherwood Forest," Raven added.

"Maria?" Apple said.

"Maria is my real name. My supposed parents named me (Y/n)," I explained.

"Wow. That's a lot to take in," Apple said, astonished.

"Yeah, but my dad said that he would help me settle into the new lifestyle," I explained.

"Who are your parents?" Raven asked.

"Robin Hood and Maid Marian," I replied.

"Wait, so your Sparrow's... sister?" Apple questioned.

"I'm adopted, so we're not blood related. We have different last names, so not technically," I explained.

"Apple White, please report to the headmaster's office," the loudspeaker said on Raven's side of the screen.

"Well, I have to go. I wonder if I'm leaving too. I'll see you later, Maria!" Apple waved good-bye.

I waved back and Raven ended the call. I sighed, looking around for something to do. My closet was worth exploring, I guess.

My closet was perfect. It was exactly how you wanted it. Not too big, not too small. Everything organized and neatly put away. It was perfect for me in every way.

 It was perfect for me in every way

A knock came from the closet door. I walked over to it and opened it.

"Princess, this is your dress for the homecoming tonight. I suggest you get ready soon so that the maids can do your makeup," the servant said. He handed me a dress and nodded to me, leaving me in peace.

I closed the door and marveled at the dress. It made me look like I was ready to fulfill my destiny at any moment, while also looking very fashionable. I loved it in every way possible.

I put my dress on and admired it from a full-length mirror. Another knock came from the door. I opened it slightly and popped my head out.

"Are you ready, Princess?" the maid asked.

I nodded and opened the door wider, walking over to my vanity. I sat down, and the maid started to fuss over my hair. The maid curled it, making waves. The maid also added pink eye shadow and the thinnest line of eyeliner, along with pink lipstick. The maid made sure everything was perfect before finally approving me.

"Oh! One last thing!" the maid added. "You need to wear this mask."

"Why do I need to wear a mask?" I asked.

"So you could reveal your face once you step onto the balcony," she explained.

She had me hold the mask while she tied it around my head. The maid adjusted it before letting me walk out of the closet.

When I opened the door, I saw Maid Marian and Sparrow standing there. Maid Marian gasped at how beautiful I looked. Sparrow, on the other hand, looked uncomfortable in a green suit and gelled-back hair.

Both of us would never get used to this lifestyle, even if Sparrow had lived it his whole life.

"Darling, you look beautiful!" Maid Marian gushed.

"Thank you, Mom," I said. 'Mom' still didn't sound right to me, but I had to get used to it.

I walked in front of Sparrow and curtsied. Sparrow bowed back. He looked into my eyes. He smiled at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You look like someone I know," Sparrow replied as we walked out of the room together.

"Who would that be, may I ask?" I asked.

"It's my girlfriend. She goes to Ever After High," Sparrow explained.

We walked down the stairs to the balcony door, where probably thousands are waiting to see the lost princess.

The guards opened the door and the two of us stepped onto the balcony. Sparrow went off to the side while I stood in the very front. I looked down at the crowd below.

All of Nottingham and Sherwood Forest probably came to see me. In the very front, I spotted Apple, who was waving to me. I waved back to her and the rest of the crowd. Of course she had come to see me; her mother was the queen, after all.

"My name is Maria Maid, and I am going to fulfill my destiny as the next Maid Marian," I declared. Someone then placed a sparkling tiara on my head.

I smiled at the cheering crowd. With my hands shaking, I reached up and undid the ribbon that held my mask to my face.

Camera flashed from the crowd, the cheers echoing in the air. I didn't dare to turn around, afraid of what might happen if I did. I curtsied as Maid Marian and Robin Hood came up behind me and stood by my side. Sparrow stood nervously by his dad, still not looking at me. I looked over at him and frowned. Was he disappointed in me? Did he want to break up?

As the homecoming ceremony ended, Sparrow was the first one to walk into the castle. I was still scared of his thoughts. I couldn't talk to him until after everyone went home, including Queen White.

Finally, even Queen White had gone home, and I could finally rest.