Chapter 13- A Swan's Honk of Threat

Blondie stared at the girl in front of her, wide-eyed. This was the girl in the photos. This was the girl that was Sparrow's mystery girl.

I waved sheepishly at Blondie. Blondie took her tablet out and brightened.

"Hi, I'm Blondie. Are you the mystery girl?" Blondie immediately asked.

"Blondie, this is all a big misunderstanding. Sparrow and I are not in a relationship," I explained.

"But, what is your name? Everyone in Ever After has been dying to know!" Blondie exclaimed.

"I'm (Y/n), the girl who joined the Merry Men," I admitted.

My phone buzzed suddenly, making me jump. I sighed in relief when it was just Sparrow.

Sparrow:

Good night, doll.

(Y/n):

Good night, love.

As I put your phone away, I saw everyone staring at me. "What? Is something wrong?"

"You're smiling so much right now, your smile's about to fall off your face." Raven laughed. "The only person who smiles like that is Apple when she is talking to Daring."

"I do not!" Apple said defensively.

Maddie and Cupid walked into the room, along with Kitty.

"Who's ready for a tea party?" Maddie cheered.

"Maddie, it's a sleepover, not a tea party," Raven corrected her.

"Well, you can't have a sleepover without tea!" Maddie protested.

"You can't have a sleepover without spilled secrets and crushes." Kitty purred.

"Who's ready to get this party started?" Raven said energetically.

All the girls cheered in unison.

We ended up spending the night painting nails, doing hair, and sharing secrets. Raven, wanting to change up my style, put streaks of pink in my hair. The other girls approved, loving the way the pink stood out in the (h/c) tone. Maddie, especially, loved the way it added an "odd factor" to me.

They went to sleep around midnight, when the vines started to crawl up the tower. I, however, couldn't sleep. After everyone went to sleep, I got up and sat in the window seat, staring into the forest. My phone buzzing snapped me out of it.

Sparrow:

Bored?

(Y/n):

How do you know?

Sparrow:

I can see you through the window.

(Y/n):

Are you sure you're not stalking me?

Sparrow:

I'm bored too. What else am I supposed to do when I can't stop thinking about my girlfriend?

(Y/n):

I can't stop thinking about you either.

Sparrow:

You're not the one who pulled you in for a kiss earlier!

(Y/n):

I was the one being kissed! How am I not supposed to think about it?

Sparrow:

And all because of the necklace.

(Y/n):

And all because of Electra.

Sparrow:

Are you still wearing it?

(Y/n):

I'm always wearing it. The girls questioned me when Electra tried to show them the necklace.

Sparrow:

That is one smart dragon.

(Y/n):

Your snake isn't too bad either. It recognized me when all you did was talk about me.

Sparrow:

The little dude knew something was going on.

(Y/n):

There was something going on, or else we wouldn't be here right now.

Sparrow:

Are we on for movie night?

(Y/n):

Of course.

Sparrow:

Okay. Make sure to bring Electra.

(Y/n):

I will. Good night, love.

Sparrow:

Bye sweetheart.

I turned off my phone and crawled back into your sleeping bag. Electra opened an eye before going back to sleep. I laid on my side and smiled. Slowly closing my eyes, I thought about my boyfriend as sleep finally consumed you.

Boyfriend. I finally have the perfect boyfriend.

The next morning, I was the last person to wake up. The only reason I had woken up in the first place was Cupid shaking me awake.

"Hey, sleepyhead! You're going to miss breakfast!" Cupid exclaimed.

I woke up slowly and grabbed my clothes from my bookpack, changing in the bathroom. I smiled and walked out of the bathroom. The girls approved my outfit and we walked to breakfast.

After breakfast, I walked down the halls to my dorm. As I turned a corner, a pair of hands with leather covering them covered my eyes. The warmth of his body radiated onto my back, and I couldn't help but relax.

"Guess who?" the voice whispered.

"My one and only boyfriend," I replied quietly.

I took one of the hands and kissed each knuckle. Sparrow chuckled as I turned around. "What time tonight?"

"Anytime after dinner," Sparrow decided.

I nodded. I walked away and into my dorm room, a small grin left from the encounter. I saw a piece of paper on my bed. Thinking it was from Sparrow, I picked it up and read it.

I know you're dating a rebel. I can expose your secrets and you won't get your happily ever after. Better watch your back.

-DS

I gasped and dropped the note, my hands shaking and smile immediately falling. Who would threaten me like this? The villain from my story? One of Sparrow's fans?

"Babe, you... you're shaking." He rushed into the room, closing the door behind him, and hugged you.

I snapped out of my shocked state and hugged him back. He picked up the note I had dropped and read it. His eyes widened, probably recognizing the signature. He let go of me and crumpled up the note.

"I'll take care of this. I'll see you tonight, and don't be too scared to come over," he said, walking out the door.

Where was he going?