Chapter 1- The New Student

I marveled the tall castle that was Ever After High as I stood on the bridge that connected the high school to the Village of Book End. I beamed, bouncing on the balls of my feet as I secured the straps of my bookpack. I was greeted by the one and only Raven Queen, a MirrorPad in her hand, as I walked up to the front entrance.

"Hi, (Y/n)! Welcome to Ever After High," Raven said warmly.

I jumped at the sudden bubbliness in Raven. Raven's smile faded. "What? Was it that bad? Did I do-"

"No, no. You didn't do anything. I just didn't expect Raven Queen to be like one of those bubbly princesses that usually greet new students," I explained.

Raven's eyes widened. "Did you request me to be your guide, or was that just Apple being very incistant?"

"I asked for you. Something told me that I wouldn't fit in with the other princesses here, so I thought asking you to be my guide, you might help me make the right friends," I explained shyly.

I tucked a piece of (h/l), (h/c) hair behind my ear out of habit. It was a nervous one. Not something I was proud of, since some people thought it was an act of being flustered. Really, I was awkward.

"Why would you be different? You look like a princess," Raven said, glancing at my outfit.

"The thing is, I'm not a princess," I admitted. "I'm the daughter of Aphrodite."

I glanced over at Raven, where a shocked form had replaced the princess's relaxed expression.

"So you're not a part of a story?" Raven asked.

"I'm supposed to be in a story called Hercules, but I'm not in a fairytale," I explained.

Raven nodded. Raven took a deep breath and smiled. "Well, welcome to Ever After High. I think we should start the tour by getting you to your dorm room," Raven decided.

I nodded in agreement.

We walked to the dorms and noticed that Cupid's name was the only one on the plaque of her dorm room. Raven knocked.

"Come in," the girl--supposedly Cupid--said.

Raven opened the door. I immediately noticed the other half was painted to be in my style. "What happened to your room?" Raven asked curiously.

Cupid got off the bed. "Blondie was moved to another dorm. The Headmaster thought the new student was a more fitting roommate than her."

Raven glanced at me. "Well, (Y/n) is your new roommate," Raven said.

Cupid looked up from straightening her sheets to glance at me. Cupid smiled kindly. "Hello, (Y/n). What story are you from?" Cupid asked.

I tucked a strand of hair behind my ear, a habit I had to accept now. "I'm from the story Hercules," I said softly.

Cupid's eyes sparkled in excitement. "That's so cool! I'm really glad Headmaster Grimm changed you to my dorm. I can't see a better fit for your roommate." Cupid giggled. "Who are your parents?"

"I'm the daughter of Aphrodite," I breathed, admiring my side of the room.

"I really cannot think of a better match," Raven commented.

I took my bookpack off and set gently on my bed. I walked back over to Raven. "Okay, what's next?" I asked.

Raven looked at the MirrorPad and checked off a couple boxes. She looked for the next thing to do. "The next thing on our to-do list is to go see Humphrey to get your MirrorPad," Raven said.

I nodded. We walked down the long hallways, talking as we went. She wanted to get to know me, which sort of surprised me. I wasn't that interesting. "So, how is it being a goddess?" Raven started off the conversation.

"It's uncomfortable, actually. Being the daughter of the goddess of beauty, everyone expects you to be the epitome of beauty, while really you just want to be normal," I explained.

We continued walking in silence, the occasional student passing by. They took a glance at me and stared. It was hard not being stared at when I was the daughter of love and beauty itself. Even so, I still felt subconscious.

The person who really noticed my look was a boy in punk leather, green, and gold.

He whistled as I passed by, a gesture that was made by other guys passing by me in the hallways. He then stopped in front of both of us, grabbed his guitar, and sang to me. "Girl, you looking fine, I hope that you'll be mine, oh!"

I rolled my eyes at his antics. Another boy trying to woo me. "Boy, don't make a fool of yourself, I'm not looking for someone or anyone else."

Sparrow stared at me in awe.

Raven smiled as she leaned on my shoulder. "Finally, someone with enough talent to be on the same level as Sparrow." Raven laughed.

"Sparrow Hood, son of Robin Hood, known for stealing gold," he flashed me a smile, "and hearts."

I looked at Raven. "He sure is a charmer," I said sarcastically.

(Y/n) walked around Sparrow as he visibly pouted from behind. For once in his life, he hit on a girl he had taken interest in. Her voice was smooth like silk, and perfectly on-pitch. It was like she were born to sing. And imagine if she could play an instrument also. Oh, that girl was a dream of his.

And he was sure to steal her heart.