'Priorities' - [Part 3]

[A/N: hi everyone, I had only planned two parts to this but had a few people ask for a third so I wrote this, enjoy!
-Kate 💜]

————————————————————————

A few hours later, Chris rolled over in her sleep, her arms constricted between herself and something else, her forehead now rested against warm skin.

She slowly opened her eyes, slightly lifting her head back realising she had been resting against Street's chest. Blinking a few times to adjust to her darkened living room. The two of them, bodies pressed together on her couch.

Street was asleep on his side, arm stretched outwards toward the edge of the couch, beneath Chris' neck, changing position as she moved to wrap his arm around her shoulder. Both of their bodies bare, only protected within their tiny bubble by the knitted blanket that normally laid upon the back of her couch.

Chris' heart rate picked up once again as it sunk in, what had happened only hours earlier. She had let her walls down, let him in, didn't worry about the consequences for once in her life. She was wrapped up in the arms of the man she finally admitted to being in love with, something she should have voiced a long time ago.

They explored each other as though the next day wasn't guaranteed. And sometimes within their line of work...it wasn't.

They were so caught up and compelled by each other, they hadn't made it any further than the living room. She was captivated by the way he knew how to love her, every touch gentle but commanding, setting her alight with each contact of their skin. The small sounds he would make each time she hungrily pulled him closer, wanting to consume every taste, had ignited sparks within her core she had never felt before.

Chris tilted her head up to look at Street's face, his eyes closed in a relaxed slumber. She felt his chest move against hers, every slow breath he inhaled. She placed one of her palms against him, feeling his warmth and rested heart beat.

He was beautiful and she felt extremely lucky to be the one who got to love him.

She leant forward to place a soft kiss against his neck. She placed another just below his chin, causing him to softly stir, inhaling a sharper breath and a slight turn of his head, his eyes slowly flutter, waking up.

"Hey", he groggily whispered as Chris' face was the first view he was awoken to.

"Hi", she gave him a small smile, as her hand that laid upon his chest began to outline gentle circles with her finger tips. The soothing movements sent a shiver across his body.

As his senses came to, he realised their position, limbs tangled together, remembering the roaming of their hands earlier, caressing every part of each other, wanting to explore and bridge the gap that had been built between them for so many years.

The way her fervent kisses had skimmed across his lips and neck, her fingers clenching the skin of his shoulders, then sliding down his back, the muscles contracted under her touch as he moved above her, his body positioned between her legs.

Street inhaled heavily, breaking his thoughts, and tightened his hold around her shoulder, bringing her closer to kiss her lips.

"We should have done that a long time ago", he joked, smiling against her lips.

She couldn't argue with that. Chris slid her hand from his chest up to his jawline, finally resting her palm on his cheek, opening her mouth and deepening their kiss.

Street let a muffled moan escape into her mouth as her tongue discovered his once again. His right hand found it's way down her side underneath the knitted blanket, grasping her hip, attempting to pull her closer than she already was.