'Skydiving'

[A/N: hey everyone, this chapter does follow on from the previous OS ("You did that") so if you need to scroll back and read that one first for a little backstory, go now☺️
- Kate 💜🔥]

————————————————————————————

They were almost to the altitude they needed for their jump, the small plane was loud, they were trying to hear the instructors last reminders before the dive.

Chris and Street had almost been late to their skydiving booking, when her Uncle Sarso had actually needed Street to check something out in his truck for him.

She guessed the lie she told Street to make sure he was free to do this with her, had came true after all.

After reminding Sarso that they were on a tight schedule, they were finally able to make their way to the skydiving company's warehouse, only after agreeing to return to her family's home for dinner as a thank-you for their help.

The warehouse was located roughly 30 minutes outside of the city, just open fields for miles until they reached the service on Street's bike.

Once booked in, waivers signed, harness and safety protocol learned and fitted an hour later, they were ready and excited to board the plane with their instructors.

"We're doing this?", Chris turned to Street as he confirmed their recent decision, with an eager nod.

Chris couldn't help the grin that spread across her face, seeing Street just as pumped to try this new adventure as she was.

Whenever she thought about Street surprisingly gifting her a real present this birthday instead of the usual pranks she found from her other team mates, she would feel the blush rising in her cheeks.

Chris always knew she was going to take Street with her. When he told her why he bought her the tickets in the first place, her heart swelled at his thoughtfulness and it just solidified the fact that he really is a good listener.

She just hoped that today could lift his spirits after yesterday's case at work. At least distract him for a moment and share some fun with her.

She wanted to provide him that light that he so frequently filled her own life with.

They had climbed into the plane and taken their seat together along the enclosed wall.

Although the two of them were no strangers to heights having to use the BlackHawk as a mode of transport every now and then for work, Chris' hands had clenched onto the edge of the seat as they reached their desired height, she could see out the small window how small the city seemed.

Chris was brought back to her current position when she felt Street's hand cover her own, easing her grip. She looked back to him as his skin made contact, his eyes searching her face, noticing she was feeling slightly anxious.

Street gave her a warm smile, letting her know that he was right there with her, unable to tell her those exact words over the roaring engine.

He had been so nervous to join Chris for this trip, not because of the dive but because it was going to be just them hanging out.

It had been a long time since they had done something fun, just the two of them.

Since they had finally admitted their feelings to each other, it felt as though they couldn't go back to spending time together, being just friends.

They had gotten far too close emotionally to just pull back, and it hurt both of them when they had to pretend in front of the others that they were just two best friends like always.