𝐗𝐕

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

"IT WOULD BE A DREAM to play at Old Trafford," I say with an almost straight face. My lips quiver as I stare directly into the camera lens to avoid catching the mischievous gaze of Lauren, Jesse and Marcus in the corner of the room.

They're trying to distract me from filming a clean-cut interview by pulling strange faces, and it's working.

At first, they simply came in and sat down whilst I answered questions. They were calm and I gave them a discreet wave since the interview was for BBC Sport, an external party, instead of Manchester United's social media like usual.

I even saw smiles here and there at some of my responses as if they were proud family members.

Then, they started messing around with the equipment behind the scenes when they realised I wasn't finishing any time soon. They were fiddling with microphones and pressing random buttons on cameras rather than training like they should've been.

"It's a beautiful, historic stage—" I'm cut off by my own giggle that breaks free because I divert my attention to Marcus who flares his nostrils repeatedly as he stares directly at me. Luckily, the giggle goes under the guise of excitement, so I continue speaking as if nothing happened, "—and I'd love to play under the lights. The way women's football is evolving, I can definitely see it happening soon."

I can't ignore the way Jesse starts imitating the reporter conducting the interview, though, and the laughter spills from my mouth in waves.

"What happened?" The reporter smiles, unaware, looking around the room to find the source of my entertainment. His forest green eyes fall on Lauren, Jesse and Marcus, but they stop what they're doing instantly, acting as if they've been doing nothing the entire time.

"Sorry, they're distracting me," I snicker, pointing at the trio in accusation.

The members of the camera crew that are scattered around the room seem like they're loving the sudden engagement from them, sitting behind the main camera with silent smiles on their faces and even panning the other cameras towards them to catch them on tape.

"Us? Distracting you?" Marcus gasps as if it's the most bizarre suggestion in the world, "We're doing nothing of the sort."

He then drops the look of fake outrage and glances back over at me to give me a wink, as if to say, 'We definitely are distracting you,' and it's so subtle that it makes me question if I'd even seen it.

I look towards the media team, asking, "Did you see that?" and a grin plays on my lips in satisfaction when I get nods in response.