𝐕

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

THE SCHEDULE STARING BACK at me and Lauren shocks us into silence for a couple seconds.

We expect to see our regular training scheme, condoning minor changes due to the boys' stay, but instead we're greeted with a slot in between 11:30 and 2pm stating that we'll both be having a full inter-squad training match.

The teams are integrated with each other and there's an even split between all players. Lauren's name lays on the Home side whilst mine is on the Away side.

It's fair.

She turns to me with a playful glint prominent in her eyes. "You ready to lose, Sinclair?"

I fold my arms over my chest, raising a brow. "You're the one with a capital L at the beginning of your name," I retort, signalling to the sheet.

It's a weak comeback but it makes her smile widen nonetheless, "You're gonna hold one nasty meg for that."

I go to chip something else in but I'm beaten to words by Casey who's just made her entrance into the gym.

"Competitive already, girls?" She questions, her face alight.

Lauren smirks, "You know how it gets when we get put on different teams."

The competitiveness we have between each other only drives us to improve, and Casey knows that. That's why she tries to put us on opposing teams as often as possible.

"Why'd you do that, by the way?" I ask, rolling my eyes, "Do you want a war to break out or something?"

She grins, "It's fair. You don't see Pogba and Fernandes on the same side for this."

"I guess," I shrug, "It's just sad cause now I have to break her ankles, and I don't want to 'cause of the game on Sunday an' all."

Lauren laughs, "I'd like to see you try."

In terms of flair, I'd say we're very much on the same wavelength. We have skill that comes naturally to us when we play and our linkup on the field is almost telepathic.

It's just a shame we don't get to show that today.

"It's not even like you're directly going up against one another," Casey laughs with us, "You're gonna be on opposite ends of the field."

"I'll cause enough of a problem to make sure her whole team comes tracking back." I smile.

Lauren chuckles, "Shut up."

Lauren can play anywhere along the front line of attack. She can receive the ball in the smallest pockets of space and create more space for herself to play the ball forward just by shifting it around between her feet.

She doesn't just wait around for someone to feed her the ball, but defends from the front to regain possession.

She rarely has to track back, so she looks smug. Even if I was just playing around when saying it.