𝐕𝐈

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩ °

"CUT INSIDE!" Casey screams from the sidelines, so I make swift movements to beat the opposing team's challenger— Jackie Groenen.

"Argh!" She laughs as the ball slips in between her legs, she loses her balance and falls over.

There's a reaction from the substitutes on the sidelines and I grin as I turn on my burners and leave her behind me.

"Watch her, Scott!" Paul Pogba shouts over to his teammate, Scott McTominay, pointing at me as he paces in front of him in attempt to block off my passing options and seize our team's counter attack.

I feel Scott's presence behind me and I know he's going to stick a leg out at any given moment, so I stop abruptly so that he can outrun me and pass the ball a meter ahead of Bruno Fernandes who's making an unmarked run.

He strides forwards and then sends it over to Anthony Elanga on the right flank where Alex Telles is on guard in front of him. Anthony does well to feign going left, but opts to go right, and they battle it out for pace. When he kicks the ball too far ahead of him, Alex boots the ball out for an Away side throwing.

We're all dispersed around the pitch by the time Aaron Wan-Bissaka picks the ball up to take the throwing. He scans the congested left wing for options, and signals for runners to come forward when nobody does on their own accord. Jessica Sigsworth does well to lose Paul who's marking her so the ball finds her. However, she only has possession for a brief moment before he swipes it from her feet and turns to pass it to Marcus.

Marcus turns away from Anthony Martial who's closing in on him and passes the ball out to Lauren who's being played onside by Harry Maguire.

She does a couple step-overs so that he can't read the direction she wants to go in and passes it just in front of Edinson Cavani who's calling for it.

It's well-defended by Abbie McManus, though, who executes a slide tackle and gains the advantage as the ball doesn't go out of play.

"Great tackle, Abbie!" Casey applauds, ever so animated.

It goes out of play eventually when she tries to boot it down the line but it's cut out by Paul who seems to be everywhere, going out for another Away side throwing— this time on the left wing.

Abbie takes the throwing and like Aaron she signals for players to come forward, but the glint in her eyes tells me she has other plans.

I already know she has the ability to do long-throws so I start to make a break for it through the middle of the channel. I don't call for it because I don't want to be spotted, so I hope the ball can find its way to me.

When she locks eyes with me, I know it will. And for a second, she pretends she's still deciding who to throw it to. She suddenly turns and huffs a breath as she rapidly throws the ball to me in the centre of the field.