ᵉᵖᶦˡᵒᵍᵘᵉ

𝘙𝘏𝘠𝘚 𝘔𝘖𝘖𝘙𝘌
𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵 𝘮𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘩𝘴 𝘭𝘢𝘵𝘦𝘳

NEVER WOULD I HAVE IMAGINED i'd wake up to Wren James; the prude from work, every morning. But now that I have, I don't want to wake up to anybody else.

But this morning, she wasn't in bed. After putting on sweatpants and brushing my teeth, I head downstairs. I've been living with Wren for five months, and she's the best roommate i've ever had.

No hate to Max.

It's just that this roommate is incredibly stunning, smart, funny at times, refreshing to go home to and she's my favorite person. But she comes with my least favorite person. Puff.

The tiny orange creature likes to sleep next to Wren. And only Wren. I wake up to claws scratching me when I get even an inch close to Wren. Puff also dislikes my shoes, she paws at them until the leather is all torn up.

Puff and I have a bit of a rivalry when it comes to Wren. But I love competition.

When I walk downstairs, the first thing I see is all of Wren's art supplies sprawled out on the floor. She's been painting and sketching a lot more, which I can't help but love her more for.

New pieces linger in our apartment. A few on the main living walls, two in the bathroom. Many in the bedroom. She even made Stella a few for her apartment. They love each other, which is really great. More competition.

When I walk to the kitchen, I see Wren with messy art hair-it's the style she puts it in just to get it out of her face-, my white t-shirt and maybe shorts?

I smell coffee, bacon and eggs. Wren is facing the stove, a wooden spoon in her hand. I come up from behind her and wrap my arms around her stomach. She doesn't get surprised. Ever. Whenever I try to scare her, it's like scaring a mannequin.

But a smile does light up her face. "Happy Birthday!" She leans her head back and smacks a big kiss on my cheek.

"Thank you." I place a kiss on her cheek.

She turns her body in my arms so that her chest is against mine. Pale green eyes stare up at me and I lean down to connect our lips.

Her hands come up to my neck and she pulls me into her further. I keep one hand on her lower back and move the other to grip the back of her head. She bites my bottom lip and sucks on it. I groan.

Her nails run down my back and she sighs into my mouth. A shiver rolls down my spine as she grips my shoulders and kneads it; releasing the tension. I bring her closer as she continues to massage my back.

I slide my arm under her thighs and hoist her up on the center island. Then she breaks our connection and her eyes light up further.

"I almost forgot. I got you a gift." She slithers off the counter and I scratch the back of my neck.

"That wasn't the present?"

She narrows her eyes at me. Then she grabs something from behind the center island. When she comes over to me, the gift is wrapped in shinny gold paper.

"I didn't need anything." I take the gift from her anyways.

"It's not anything big." She goes back over to the stove to check on the breakfast.

When I unwrap the gift, I find a picture of both me and Wren. We both have our work clothes on, but i'm holding Wren's heels and she's walking barefoot. My tie is around her forehead, and my jacket is around her. She's smiling incredibly wide and i'm looking down at her. I recognize the moment.

It was when my mother invited us to dinner for her anniversary. We had both been so tired from work, and I told her we didn't have to go, but she refused and really wanted to. I remember Wren telling me how much her feet hurt, so while we were walking around I took her heels off.

Then I gave her my jacket. It had been a chilly night. The tie around her forehead was because she constantly would pull on it to bring me closer, but it fell off and so my mother tied it around her head.

"Stella took that picture." Wren says from over her shoulder.

I place the picture down on the counter and watch as Wren takes out something from the fridge. She places a small cake down on the counter.

"Lex and Maxon made this." She gestures to the cake.

I half smile and walk up to her. She stays put as I wrap my arms around her and pull her into me. I give her a large hug as a token for my appreciation.

She wraps her arms around me and kisses my neck gently. I run my hands up and down her back, applying enough pressure so that she loosens in my arms.

"I love you." She sighs into my neck.

My body goes still as my heart rate increases. She loves me. She's never said it before. I've told her just about a thousand times, but she never said it once. Until now.

I pull back to see her face. "What'd you say?"

"I love you." She places another kiss on my neck.

The touch tingles and somehow feels more intense. It sparks something inside of me, in a good way. She kisses my neck again.

"I love you." She kisses my neck again, but in a different spot.

She keeps doing this until i'm just about weak in the knees. When I sigh, she laughs. I look down at her to see a happy smile on her face.

"I fucking love you, Wren."

"I fucking love you, Rhys." She mocks me.

I let her mock me. I'll let her mock me, a hundred times over, if that means keeping her. Because now that i've got her, i'm not ever letting her go.

𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘦𝘯𝘥

____________________