₀₁₃

𝘞𝘙𝘌𝘕 𝘑𝘈𝘔𝘌𝘚

WHAT THE FUCK DID I get myself into? How did I get myself into this. Oh, yes I remember. Lex. Lex and her 'match making' skills.

Because of her I had sent Rhys Moore, an email telling him to 'take me out to dinner'. Well I didn't type it or send it. That was all Lex. I'm currently giving her the silent treatment. But she left butter rolls outside my apartment-so i've forgiven her.

I've been dressed and ready since eight o'clock this morning, but i've been sitting on my couch with Puff for about four hours. I've eaten approximately three and a half butter rolls and watched two movies.

It's a text that breaks me out of my slump.

𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚: 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙚𝙖𝙩 𝙡𝙪𝙣𝙘𝙝
𝙞 𝙤𝙧𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙚𝙙 𝙥𝙞𝙯𝙯𝙖

I almost smile at the text.

𝙢𝙚: 𝙬𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙠𝙞𝙣𝙙?
𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚: 𝙘𝙝𝙚𝙚𝙨𝙚 + 𝙫𝙚𝙜𝙜𝙞𝙚
𝙣𝙤 𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣𝙨
𝙢𝙚: 𝙜𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩

I almost send a ':)' but delete it before I send it. Puff rubs her body on my arm and I have an idea.

𝙢𝙚: 𝙥𝙪𝙛𝙛 𝙡𝙤𝙫𝙚𝙨 𝙥𝙞𝙯𝙯𝙖
𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙗𝙚 𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙥𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙤
𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚: 𝙛𝙪𝙣𝙣𝙮
𝙢𝙚: 𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙩𝙤𝙡𝙙 𝙢𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙡𝙡 𝙢𝙖𝙠𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙩𝙤 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙩 𝙪𝙥 𝙤𝙣 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙥𝙞𝙡𝙡𝙤𝙬
𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚: 𝙡𝙚𝙖𝙫𝙚 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩 𝙘𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙩𝙪𝙧𝙚 𝙝𝙤𝙢𝙚
𝙢𝙚: 𝙣𝙤 𝙘𝙖𝙣 𝙙𝙤
𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙖𝙡𝙧𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙮 𝙙𝙧𝙞𝙫𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙩𝙤 𝙮𝙤𝙪𝙧 𝙝𝙤𝙪𝙨𝙚
𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚: 𝙞'𝙡𝙡 𝙠𝙞𝙘𝙠 𝙝𝙚𝙧 𝙤𝙪𝙩
𝙣𝙤𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮, 𝙞 𝙙𝙤𝙣'𝙩 𝙡𝙞𝙠𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙞𝙢𝙖𝙡 𝙖𝙗𝙪𝙨𝙚
𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣 𝙞𝙛 𝙘𝙖𝙩𝙨 𝙖𝙧𝙚 𝙙𝙚𝙢𝙤𝙣𝙞𝙘
𝙢𝙚: 𝙥𝙪𝙛𝙛 𝙞𝙨 𝙝𝙚𝙖𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠
𝙨𝙝𝙚 𝙙𝙤𝙚𝙨𝙣'𝙩 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙡 𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙚
𝙢𝙤𝙤𝙨𝙚: 𝙩𝙝𝙖𝙩'𝙨 𝙘𝙖𝙪𝙨𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙚'𝙨 𝙣𝙤𝙩
𝙟𝙪𝙨𝙩 𝙮𝙤𝙪.

Just you. I'm welcomed at Rhys Moore's house.

I turn off my phone and slip on my shoes. I look at the box of butter rolls on the counter and grab them before leaving my apartment.

__________

I'm standing outside his door. I haven't knocked yet. I don't want to be weird and knock right at twelve. So I stand around and listen to the noise in the apartment next door. It sounds like someone is yelling.

I look at the time on my phone, it's twelve-seventeen. So I put away my phone and knock twice on the door. I stand there for a second before the door opens and a man with blonde hair stands in the entryway. Only i've seen this man before.

"It's you. From the bar." I point at his chest.

"Yeah. You're Lex's friend." He states and I nod. Then he smiles. "I was just heading out, but it's good to see you, tell uh Lex I said hi." He scratches the back of his neck, still slightly smiling.