epilogue

[ 01.04.2003 SEOUL ]

The black-haired boy, the young Jeongguk ran through the streets, he struggled for breath but still he kept the speed right. His eyes darted as he came to a halt and stood before the park. He saw him sitting there. Yeah, he saw but his vision blurred.

He inched forward, his eyes swarming with tears. His head hung low with a sad smile hovering over his roseate lips. He tried to fight back the tears which was welling up in his eyes but he couldn't stop it.

He sat beside the figure with a sigh. "You disappeared just like that." he sniffled, slowly rubbing away the tears with his hands.

The taller boy looked at Jeongguk, then a bitter chuckled covered the area. "I just had to." he replied bluntly.

Jeongguk face got clouded with sadness. "You will go again? Just like that?"  

"I love you," the brown-haired boy said suddenly. He turned his face to Jeongguk. "I just love you so much that I'm afraid I cannot leave you." the boy confessed, his eyes still fixed on the black-haired boy.

Jeongguk's face laced with utter shock and surprise. A confession out of the blue? He wasn't expecting that. Well, everything has been going out of the expectations lately. He turned crimson as his features softened a little. "Taehyungie..."

Taehyung grinned, out of contentment. "I just love you and you and nobody. Remember, when you was mad at me for not kissing you for a whole day? Your eyes flickered with annoyance, your face explained annoyance. And then, it was just you and me. Just us." 

Jeongguk nodded, his lips pursing to hold back the tears. Taehyung chuckled sadly. "Can we go back to being us? Because I m-miss us. I miss you and me." Tears swarm in her eyes that he feared he will cause a flood there.

"Can I hug you?" Jeongguk chuckled bitterly as he reached out to hug Taehyung. They both stayed in the warm embrace of each other. "I missed us too." he whispered against Taehyung's ears. "And I love you too." 

Taehyung hugged him tighter, few of his tears making Jeongguk's shoulder wet. "I love you so much." 

They both pulled away from the hug and held their hands together. "I read your diary. I'm sorry." 

"If you didn't read my diary, we wouldn't have happened." 

He began after a pause. "But Taehyungie, we weren't meeting on the cafe first time." he rubbed his thumb finger against Taehyung's palm. "What do you mean?" Taehyung asked.

"It was on my b'day." 

"What? Really? Oh god, I didn't knew." Taehyung giggled. He really didn't knew that they have met before. Maybe he didn't notice it because he really didn't care about himself or his surroundings back then.

"Yeah."

"Oh, by the way, happy April fools day." Taehyung said and Jeongguk had his eyes widening. He retarded his hands and scoffed. "So this was all a prank?!" 

"What?! No, no. It's true I love you."

"As if I'll believe you on April fools day." he scowled. 

Jeongguk folded his hands over his chest, as annoyance marked his face. Taehyung started to explain how much he likes him, how much he loves him but Jeongguk kept his face straight.

There they goes, to their normal bickering. The two young teenagers laughed, giggled, shared their happiness together, sadness together and future together. It was just them under the blazing sun who stood alone in the sky. The laughs and giggles of this day still rings in their ears. When they were back to them. 

We were back to being us.

And they had their ending they deserved. Oh but their story goes on, forever, young and in love.

. . .

i have given a reference picture above, them in 2003.

and thank you so so much for enjoying it with me. i hope this fic was good. also thanking for more than 5k views. expecting y'all in my other works too. i published this on my b'day [27 april] and completed on [24 july] mentioning here bcs my ass will forget it after somedays😃

hopefully hypothetically i hope to see y'all in my other stories too💗👄💗

anyways bye! love you all🤎 and this book happened bcs of you😭🫵