Chapter 16

The sound of the drums rang through the Kayi tribe as Ertugrul's horse sped towards it. The drummers from above were surprised when they saw another person sat behind him, but they couldn't make out who the woman was. Ertugrul slowed down as he reached the front of the marquee and his horse skidded to a stop. The people's murmurs of shock got louder as they realised that Feriha was sat behind him.

Suleyman Shah and Hayme Hatun exited the tent when they heard the growing sound of murmers and gasps in shock. When they stood in front of their marquee and saw Ertugrul helpung Feriha off her horse, they were sure that they were dreaming.

Feriha Hatun

It felt strange being back in the tribe for some reason. It seems like forever since me and Ertugrul spent time in our tent together. I feel really tired right now and thirsty too. My back is killing me. I'll never know how my wound ended up being worse than my beloved husband's when it was just a slice into my back.

Ertugrul jumped off his horse first and then he insisted on carrying me  but I don't want to be embarrassed in front of the whole tribe. So I just held my hand out to him and we walked to the steps of the marquee. "Mother, Father, I have brought my wife home" Ertugrul addressed his parents. "Welcome home, my dear!" Suleyman Shah told me.

"Thank you father" I told him with a tired smile. I turned and greeted his mother too before going into the tent to rest.