Chapter 10

Feriha had delivered 30 lashes and was happy with the response she got from Halime. She didn't get pleasure from the pain she was inflicting but she felt satisfied that she had received justice.  Once she had done she untied the girl and sent her in the direction of the doctor's tent with a woman who was stood nearby. Then she headed back over to the head of the marquee, where Gokçe held out some water in a bowl for her to wash her hands with and a cloth to dry them ofc after.

Feriha cleaned her hands thoroughly, not wishing to have blood stained hands. Once she was done  she thanked Gokçe and placed a gentle kiss upon her head. "Thank you, dear sister. What would I do without you" she commented, smiling at the girl. "You would probably be a confused little thing trying to fit in" Gokçe teased, makimg both of them burst into a fit of laughter. "We should probably go and help the women in the rug house before Selçan Baçi takes our heads" Feriha suggested, both of them suddenly becoming serious and heading to the rug house.

On the way however, Ertugrul spotted them and made his way over, asking to talk to Feriha. Gokçe politely excused herself and promised to tell Selçan that she wasn't trying to get out of her duty.

Feriha Hatun

Ertugrul took my hand and took me to the stables. He sat me on Aktalgoli (his horse) and rhen mounted on after himself. We rode out of the tribe and the wind on my face felt amazing in this hot weather. After around 20 minutes of riding, we came across some beautiful meadows, the flowers gleaming in the sunlight. We sat down together among some daisies and peonies. "Wow! This place is gorgeous Ertugrul!" I told him feeling myself become happier as we basked in the sun.

"Yes, but not as stunning as you, my beautiful Feriha" he answered smoothly. "So why have we come here? Surely you have things to do?" I asked him. "I just wanted to spend sometime with you without being confined inside a tent in our tribe. You only came back to me a little while ago and I need to make sure I take care of you and make sire that you are happy" he replied softly. If he keeps talking so beautifully, I will end up crying. "Ertugrul, no matter where we are or how far, I will always love you" I answered. He smiled and placed a gentle kiss on my forehead before tugging my arm gently to lay down next to him.

*****

We enjoyed the warmth of the sun on our faces and the serenity of the place was just amazing. We gazed at the clouds, occasionally pointing out shapes and laughing about nothing. But of course, it had to end. As we were helping each other up, an arrow flew past me and grazed my cheek. Before I could comprehend what was happening, another flew directly into Ertugrul's heart...