Chapter 14

*2 Weeks Later*

 *The Templar Castle*

"Tell me Titus, is Ertugrul dead?" Giovanni asked his loyal commander. "Yes sir. We had his wife killed too" he answered, looking up from his kneeling position. "That's a shame, we could have made her into a slave for us. Anyways if they are dead the Kayi tribe must be weak. We'll feast tonight and then tomorrow, we'll make plans to destroy those farmers" he told Titus.
"As you wish sir, I'll organise the dinner and entertainment then" Titus smiled and then left with a not to Giovanni.

Ertugrul

"ERTUGRUL!" the voice of my wife yelled as an arrow flew into my chest. Her yell of agony rang in my head. I tried to open my eyes but my whole body felt paralysed. All around me was black. I couldn't  hear or feel anything, until..."wake up! Wake up brave soldier!" The words pushed into my head, the unfamiliar voice getting louder and more urgent by the second. I took deep breaths and tried to move. Still nothing.

How do I get up? How can I check of my dear Feriha is ok? Ya Allah, give me strength! With that, my body started to get warmer and I felt like I could move again. I moved my fingers and then, slowly, opened my eyes. I squinted at the light of the luminous candlestick on the table beside the bed and blinked a few times.

I looked around, expecting to find myself in that field but I was in a tent. Akcakoça's tent by the looks of it. But how did I get here? The pain in my chest had lessened significantly, so I tried and successfully sat up. I pushed the blanket off and carefully got up. I stretched and then began moving to the tent's entrance.

I need to find Feriha. I pushed away the material and was met with my people doing their daily jobs, except something seemed off. Their mood appeared melancholic and the weather matched their emotions. The sky was filled with dark clouds, but it wasn't raining. Even the guards outside the marquee looked solemn. But what could have happened?

I headed over to the marquee. I could use a talk with my father and perhaps Feriha is in there too. "Abdurrahman! Is my father in there?" I asked. He flinched a little as he had been stuck in his own thoughts. "Yes my Bey he is in there. You may go in" he told me.

I walked in and my father sat there with his head down. My mother was pacing the tent and mumbling to herself. My sisters Gokçe, Selçan and Aykiz were all sat there crying. "Ana, Baba" I spoke with a croaky voice. My mother turned around fast and walked over to me. "Ertugrul! Alhamdulillah you're finally awake!" She exclaimed hugging me tightly. Once she let go, I looked at my father, who was observing us from his seat.

"Ertugrul, my boy, I'm gald you are awake. Are you ok?" He asked with concern, although he seemed a little list in his thoughts too. "Yes. I'm alright." I answered taking a seat near him. "But is everyone else ok? They all look so upset and all my sisters are crying. Where's Feriha? Is she ok?" I questioned worriedly. When I said Feriha's name they all started crying harder and even my father teared up.

No. No. No. Nothing happened to her, it can't be! "Can you call her so I can see her? I need to know she's ok" I spoke with an urgent tone. "Oh Ertugrul!" My mother exclaimed and rushed over to me hughing me again. My father wouldn't meet my eyes and my sisters were wailing by now. The material of the tent was pushed aside and Gundogdu walked in.

He glanced around the room with a solemn expression, before his eyes met mine. "I'm  sorry for your loss Ertugrul" he told me. "What? Loss of who? Where's  Feriha?!" I almost shouted, as I stood up abruptly. "I need to see her! I need to know she's ok!" I yelled. "She didn't make it Ertugrul" my brother mutmured, but it was loud enough for me to hear. "Do you hear what you're saying about my wife? About your sister in law?!" I shouted.

"I know what I said Ertugrul and it pains me to say it, but she's gone. After the arrow grazed your heart and you passed out, she fought bravely, and killed all the soldiers that attacked you both. But mid battle, she was struck on th back with a Templar's sword. The wound was deep, but she kept fighting until she passed out.

The shaykh and his follower who fohnd you both decided to save you first as the arrow was grazing your heart. Then they bandaged up Feriha and brought you both hack to the tribe. As they carried you in, Feriha opened her eyes one last time and then passed out. Akcakoça looked at you both. Again he prioritised you and managed to stabilise you and then Feriha too. But last week, her wound opened again. We  tried to close it again and again but to no avail. She lost too much blood. She passed away last night" he told me, tears streaming down both of our faces by the end.

"Where is her grave?" I aked him, my voice trembling. "Amongst the rest in the graveyard. We just finished burying her-" before he could finish, I ran out, grabbed Aktalgoli and sped out of the tribe.