Weeping Waters~I.M.

"Hoku," the seven-year-old girl yelled excitedly , desperately trying to get her sister's attention, " come look!"

The heavy thumping of feet upon the dewy grass soon followed. A girl, the age of 8, ran wildly towards her little sister, her white summer dress billowing around her body as her chubby cheeks turned rosy from the heat of the sun. It truly looked like a scene from a movie. The only exception though is that it wasn't. Perhaps, it could've been if Chara was trying to show her older sister some pretty flowers she had spotted, but instead, a large, slimy amphibian sitting on a tree stump had captured the younger girl's attention. And to say that Hoku, who had always disliked frogs or anything like the revolting species, was disgusted, would be the understatement of all-time.
   " WHAT IS THAT?" Hoku shouted, in both disgust and bewilderment.
  " Isn't he soooooo pretty?" the girl asked, her caramel eyes shining in pure, unadulterated astonishment as she stared at the huge frog.
The older girl's face morphed into absolute contempt and revulsion as she thought over Chara's words. Hoku wanted to vehemently disagree, but she couldn't, fearing the look of happiness on her little sister's face would vanish. She had always been willing to do and sacrifice anything for Chara's happiness, so instead, she forced excitement into her voice as she agreed with the star-struck child.
" Sissy," the girl started, putting on her biggest puppy dog eyes as she turned to the freckled-faced girl, " can we pretty, pretty, pretty please take him home with us?"
Hoku looked as though she had just been asked to throw herself into a den filled with snakes, sharks, jellyfish, and tigers.
" Chara," Hoku said softly, " mommy and daddy will be mad if we take him home."
The little girl's eyes started to water and her lips started to tremble. The older girl's eyes widened and flooded with pure panic. Hoku immediately hugged Chara and told the tinier child the frog could come to the Dot household. Chara wiped her eyes with her tiny fists and started walking home, hand in hand with her natural protector. Soon, the large frog, who Chara would later name Kalissi,  leapt from the stump and followed the two sisters.

That was 10 years ago.