Merle actually visibly winced, he could tell by the tone of her voice she had personal experience with his so called 'curse'. It was no wonder those two were coping so well compared to the others with this situation. They'd been through something much worse at the end of the day, survival was already ingrained.

"Harry called Dobby to him, he's a house-elf, he got everyone out and he and Ron went to get Hermione, it wasn't without its fatalities, or rather fatality, Dobby died getting everyone out of there. I stayed at shell cottage to recover and they went right back out, for months they were on the run again before it ended at Hogwarts." Luna revealed. Her dad was released and they patched up their relationship, she had been so angry at him for betraying her friends, but he'd regretted it, and they'd moved on, thankfully, she would never have forgiven herself if she'd stayed angry and the world ended without her dad knowing how much she loved him. Now he was reunited with her mum, she liked to think they were happy together. Her dad had been living for her and her alone since her mum, Pandora died.

"And your da?" Merle queried.

"He got out, the magical world tried to put itself together and then the entire world went to hell, its why we were so badly caught of guard, we thought the bad times were over and then in a blink of an eye its gone." Luna explained, "But hopefully we were smart enough to fight the walkers and endure. Unfortunately my father isn't one of them; he was bitten during the early days, when the fever hit he sent me a patronus, one of the last things he said was that he loved me and was proud of me."

"Did you leave anyone else behind," Merle asked, his voice suggestive, as he smirked at her. He honestly had no idea how to respond to her previous statement so he changed the subject.

Luna rolled her eyes at him, that was the normal Merle back, so he resorted to that when he felt uncomfortable? That was interesting; she'd need to remember that titbit of information. "I didn't have a boyfriend if that's what you mean," she said wryly. And if she did would she still be attracted to Merle? She supposed there was no point to speculating something so utterly inane and pointless...this was life now and nothing would change that.

"I find that hard to believe," Merle replied, she was hotter than a goats butt in a pepper patch. He could only imagine how she'd look all gussied up and well out of his league. If he'd seen her around before this all happened he imagined he would have left her nameless and probably been kicked in the balls for his trouble either that or given back as good as she got. She was strong, determined and despite her quiet nature never let anyone get one over her.

"Oh? Why is that?" Luna asked smirking at him, a knowing look in her electrifying blue eyes.

"Sugar you don't want to go there," Merle told her, finding himself increasingly amused by her ribbing.

"No?" Luna said slyly. "Are you sure about that?"

Merle just grinned in feral amusement, he really, really liked her, he'd always had a thing for blondes, like Andrea for example, but she didn't hold squat when compared to Luna.

"Screw this," Luna muttered, it was obvious Merle was just going to continue taunting and teasing, although from what she'd picked up on his nature it wasn't like him. He was always so blunt, and straightforward, if he liked her why hadn't he said anything yet? Well she'd soon enough have her answer, she thought as she stood up and moved towards Merle, inches from his face she gazed at him, "I'm not a girl who cares for one night stands, nor do I share Merle Dixon, and believe me you don't want to know what I'd do to you if you did...impotence spell would just be the first on my list," Luna murmured honestly, waiting to see what his move would be. She had basically told him she wanted to be in a relationship with him, but it had to be long term and well...it was entirely up to him.