"The war you told me about, if you were a pureblood why were you targeted?" Merle asked after a few minutes of silence, inwardly kicking himself when the amusement faded extremely fast from Luna's face, and kicked himself again when he found himself missing the smile. What the hell was wrong with him? He ain't anyone's bitch he thought vehemently.

"What makes you think I was?" Luna asked seriously, her good mood vanishing quicker than a niffer that had sniffed out gold.

"You were attacked," Merle stated, "It ain't your family, you speak of them with fondness." and to be honest it baffled him, he wasn't used to people having parents they loved, everyone he knew held nothing but distain for their parents. He had cared for his mama though, as best as he could, considering she'd been a neglectful woman who cared only for smoking and drinking. He regretted not being there for his brother when their mama died, but that was as far as his feelings went.

"And you've deduced that it was during the war?" Luna asked, realizing he must have seen her scars at some point, she couldn't help but ponder on when, she'd never bathed anywhere near anyone, because she didn't want to endure the pity. Not that Merle held any pity for her; in fact she didn't think Merle knew what pity was for.

"Only logical," Merle pointed out, he already knew he was right, Luna just didn't want to talk about it he'd bet.

"Being attacked implies a chance to fight back, I wasn't even given that," Luna replied, her blue eyes darker than usual as she thought on the darkest part of her life. "I was kidnapped from Hogwarts, pretty much the second I stepped foot back inside after the holidays. Three months it took for the entire magical world to be turned upside down. Pureblood's weren't as safe as you'd imagine, only those who had parents or relatives on the dark side were." Luna crossed her legs and stared at Merle watching him for any reaction. He definitely was different from all she knew.

"Why?" Merle asked, despite what had happened, it hadn't broken her, otherwise she wouldn't even be able to talk about it never mind so casually to someone she barely knew.

"A few reasons, my dad was a writer, he had his own magazine and we printed the truth while the other papers wrote lies before the war really started. You see nobody believed Harry when they were told Voldemort was back, all other newspapers were calling him an attention seeking liar and every other variation of it. We published an interview with Harry in it, sales went through the roof, and it pissed a lot of people off. The Quibbler was a tabloid that was owned, written and edited by my dad, by the time the war was at its greatest it was the sole voice of truth. The Death Eaters kidnapped me to keep my dad quiet, that and I was a known friend of Harry's, and they thought I'd know where he was. Basically my dad was blackmailed into keeping quiet and getting in touch with the Death Eaters if Harry ever came around, if he gave Harry over I would go free." Luna explained, "Harry did go to my house while on the run from the Death Eaters, thankfully Harry and the others realized what my dad was trying to do, and they got out. My dad was put in prison, and our house was destroyed." which was rebuilt...for all the good it did, it was abandoned now.

"How long were you taken?" Merle questioned, wondering why Luna wouldn't stop staring at him, she hadn't blinked once since she had started.

"It was seven nearly eight months," Luna informed him, she hadn't been alone though, and being able to help Ollivander enabled her to forget her own pain and loneliness. Knowing what his next question would be, she continued on. "Harry, Ron and Hermione were eventually caught after being on the run. Within half an hour they managed to find a way out, but that's Harry for you, he's incredibly resourceful and sneaky." Luna shook her head amused. "Not that it was easy, hearing the tortured screams of your best friend and unable to do a damn thing, but she was strong, strong enough to lie under the most painful curse known in our world, its as if a million burning hot nails being driven into your body, as if layers of skin were disintegrating with acid, a few minutes under that curse drives even the strongest person insane literally,"