3.

"Ladies and gentlemen, this is your captain, welcome to Los Angeles- LAX terminal B. The local time here is 13:05, which is 8 hours behind London— gonna be one hell of a jet lag, yeah? The weather is pretty warm and welcoming here. We've safely completed our non-stop 11 hours 15 minutes journey with no surprise delays as such. My cabin crew and I wish you a joyful stay and a very good afternoon. Thank you"

After all the passengers have left, and finally we end our exhausting flight journey, recheck the seats, and finally leave the aircraft. I wait for Hero, and we walk together behind the other cabin crew members, his suitcase rolling behind him.

I take a glance at him, he has put on his sunglasses, and his messy hair wavers in the air. He catches me looking at him and raises his eyebrow in question, I just shake my head and we walk silently towards baggage claim and then exit-- with no word spoken between. The last time we talked was when I served him breakfast this morning after he had woken up from his nap.

"I'll see you, take care" he hugs Maureen, the co-pilot, and they share a few inaudible words before she pulls back and gets in her cab.

"Aren't you going to the same crash pad?" I ask since unfortunately, us crew members and pilots have got different hotels for the layovers, even though I'm not staying there and having a trip of my own.

"No, I'm actually staying here a couple of days. So instead of staying at the accommodation for a day, it's better if I check in at my own hotel, right?" his hand waves for another cab standing in the line, and he glances at me after his response.

"Oh, me too" I shrug my shoulders, with an awkward chuckle which I abruptly stop before it may seems as though I'm just saying it for the sake of it.

"Really? Where are you staying?" he asks in surprise, and my mind goes blank. I haven't thought about my stay, I just knew that I would figure it out when I get there but now that I'm here-- I don't know what I'm gonna do. I have been to LA only a couple of times, and have not even really explored it outside the airport.

"I don't know... actually. I just thought I'd crash in some motel or something"

"What?" he scoffs as if waiting for me to give him a real answer but I already did. "Jo, just come with me. We'll get you a room in the same hotel, yeah? It's really nice and affordable" Affordable for him, he's a pilot. But it does feel safe going to a reputed hotel especially since I am not very well aware of this city.

Not to forget that we do get hefty offers and discounts on certain hotels and trips— one of the many advantages of being in British Airways.

"Yeah that works"

~

When we reach our hotel, which is fancier than he made it seem, it turns out that there are no empty rooms. I suggested that I leave and join the crew members, but Hero insists that we share a room, until another room gets vacant tomorrow. He is so intimidating when he's insisting that I couldn't even refuse after trying thrice. He assured me we would have our own space and he won't let me feel uncomfortable, which I was sure of either way.

Now I'm in the en-suite, getting dressed in fresh clothes after a long hot shower. I have thrown on a pair of sweatpants and a t-shirt, drying my hair as numerous thoughts swim through my head.

Is it okay that we're staying in the same room?

For me, it is not a big deal because I trust him, and its not like I haven't had to share a room with male crew mates before.