Chapter 7: A Night of Nightmares

          "Elsa, is that you?" I hear as I open the door and hang up my coat. "Yes Bruce, it's me." I say and quickly walk to his office. I open the door to see him just staring at me, waiting for me. "So how was Jack Grayson Elsa?" I cross my arms and tap my foot, "You mean Robin?" I say with a glare. I hear him sigh as he stands from his desk and walk to me, "You see why I didn't want you to see him? I knew you would see him and remember him. It took you so long to forget him."

          "Forget him? Bruce, I never forgot him... You knew I had feelings for him, you knew I cried for days when you said he left. Why didn't you tell me something was wrong with him! I could have helped him!" I yell as I throw my hands into his chest. I couldn't control my anger as I start to hit his chest, "I could have helped him!" I yell as I fall into his arms and start to break down crying.  I feel him start to pet my hair trying to calm me down. "Shh, Elsa, I know it was hard seeing him like that. Dick and I did whatever we could to help him, but he just keep saying that the Joker was in him, said he was becoming the Joker, he choose to go into the Asylum.

          "We tried Elsa, we tried everything we could to help him." Bruce says as he pulls me back and looks into my eyes. I watch as he moves hair out of my face, "I was just trying to protect you. I know today you were going to see your sister, I just wasn't ready for you to see Robin either." I wipe my eyes, "I think I just had a long day, I think I need to go to sleep this day off." I say with a smile. "Tomorrow will be better." He says as he kisses my forehead.

          "Goodnight Bruce." I say and walk off to my room. "Goodnight Elsa." I close the door behind me and press my ear to the door, I saw him picking up his phone before I walked out, he was going to call someone. "Dick, hey it's Bruce." Dick... I knew it. "Dick, Elsa saw him today.... Yes she knows.... Well how do you think she reacted? She cried Dick; I haven't seen her cry like that for a long time, not since her family died... Dick, we have to fix this, whatever Crane did to Jack... No it was Crane! Crane is the only one who could do this! He's the only one with this power."

          I keep listening, who was Crane? What does he have over Jack? "Yes Dick, I'll watch her, I just can't watch her lost herself again. Not after what happened." I back away from the door, I couldn't listen to him talk anymore. I start to walk to my room. I hear a soft bark from behind me. I turn to see Ace, Bruce's Doberman. "Hey boy, did I not say goodbye to you this morning?" I ask as I pet his head. I could tell he was mad at me but he still takes my loves form me. "Come on, you're sleeping in my room tonight."

          He starts to walk with me to my room. I close the door and watch as Ace jumps on the bed and makes himself at home. I roll my eyes and change into my nightgown. I crawl into my bed and feel Ace crawl closer to me close to my chest. I start to scratch behind his ear. "I saw him Ace... I saw him." I say still scratching his ear.

          "Something is wrong with him, he says he hears voices... Maybe the Joker is still haunting him from the grave..." I thought as I feel my hand drop from his ear and I slowly start to fall asleep.

***

          I open my eyes are look around, I'm at Arkham Asylum and it's trashed. People are running around, villains out of their cells. I keep walking, I start to feel glass break under my bare feet but I don't care. I don't care about anything but just walking forward. I see Two-Face holding a gun to someone's head, "Let's see how lucky you are." He says and flips his coin. He grabs it in midair and looks. I see a smile go on his face, "Not so lucky my friend." I see him pull the trigger, shooting the man dead on the spot.

          He turns to me and smiles, "Keep walking Doctor, someone is waiting for you." I do as he says, I don't know why I'm not freaking out, why I didn't stop him for shooting that man, it was like I wasn't in control of my body. "Dr. Wayne." I hear next to me. I turn my head to see Poison Ivy holding a man by the neck. "So nice to be free with my plants and some new..." She turns her head and looks at the man; he looks dazed and confused but also happy to have her holding him. "Victim." She kisses the boy and I see his veins turn green and his eyes widen. She pulls back and I see a smile on his face as she drops him.

          "His waiting for you." She says as she starts to walk away. I start to walk again till I see someone with green hair, white skin and a smile that could kill. "Look Puddin', it's my little sister coming to say hi." I hear Harley says as she sits in her lovers lap. "You're not here... You're not alive..." I say as I start to walk to them. "I'm alive and well dear Elsa." He says as he picks up Harley and places her on her feet. "And you can thank this lad right here for me." He says as I follow his eyes.

          In the corner by Harley is a boy with snow white hair. He turns to me and smiles, "I told you he was living in my head." He says and starts to walk to me. I start to walk backwards away for him. But he just starts to walk faster to me. "Jack... You're not like him; you can fight whatever control he has over you..." I say as I feel a wall hit my back, I was trapped. I hear Jack start to laugh, "Control? This is the best I felt since I kissed you that night Elsa. And now..." He walks up to me and places one hand on the wall and the other hand grabbing my neck.

          "I'm going to show you how much I really care for you." He starts to squeeze my neck and I grab his arm, "Jack... Please...." I wine but he just holds his gripper tighter. "Good bye Dr. Elsa Wayne." He whispers before I black out.

***

          I woke up screaming, almost crying as I hear Ace start to bark and go on my legs to hold me down. "Elsa!" I hear as Bruce runs in and grabs my shoulders. "Elsa! It's okay, I'm here baby. I'm here." He says as I finally stop screaming and crying. "Bruce..." I whisper as I go in to his arms. "Oh dad... it was awful! The Joker... He was alive somehow and Jack... Jack helped him come back...." I cried.

          "Elsa, it was only a dream from seeing Harley and Jack, I know you're scared and worried about him but right now, you just... have to try and help them." I feel him petting my hair again. "What if I can't...?" I whisper. I feel him kiss the top of my head, "If you think like that, you won't be able to help them." I feel him push me over so he can lay with me, he did this to me when he first found me, it was the only way I would fall asleep after my parents died.

          "Everything will be fine Elsa." He says as Ace crawls by my chest and licks my hand. I start to close my eyes and drift to sleep. "I'm sorry this happened to you Elsa. I wish I could of protected you." I hear him say before I fall asleep.

Hey guys! I am back, I am so sorry I haven't updated for a long time. I'm having some things going into my life right now that I just need to some time for myself. But I'm fine and back writing and it feels amazing to write again. This chapter isn't the best but for right now, It'll only get better. So leave me some comments guys or some votes. Thank you guys for everything!!! Sorry for my grammar and spelling!

~Kitty Kat