Chapter 3: Edward Nygma A.K.A The Riddler

I start to walk to my next patient's room as I look through the files, "Edward Nygma, also known as The Riddler. Well, this will either be really fun, or very hard." I say to myself as I keep walking. I start to look at some of the different doors as I keep going. They all had something to do with the person inside. The more I walked the more I heard, people yelling, banging on the door, screaming. It was a nightmare. Then I saw it, a door in black and red with a card on it, a joker card. I slowly start to walk to it and stop, this was her room. I touch the door, knowing she was behind it, a few more hours. I thought as I pull my hand back.

"Now calm down, no reason to... No, put the chair down... ouch! Alright! I am done with you! You little prick!" I hear yelling from the room next to my sister's room. I watch as someone opens the door and slam the door shut, inside I heard laughing. "Stupid little bastard, don't know why I got so lucky to have him..." I hear the other doctor says as he looks at his hands. I saw small blood on them and when he finally looked up at me, I saw a cut on his head. "Oh... I'm sorry; I didn't know someone was out here." He says.

"Are you okay?" I ask as I walk up to him and grab a tissue out of my purse and put it on his cut. I see him smile, "Thank you, and I'm fine. This happens every time I talk to him. I don't understand why he does this." I look at the door, his door is black, just pure black. "I'm being rude, I'm Dr. Westley Elwes." He says as he grabs my hand. "Dr. Elsa Wayne." I say as I pull my hand back. "Ah I heard about you, our new head therapist, how are you liking it here?" He asks. "Different, but I really like it so far." I won't lie, his not bad looking, light green eyes even with his glass on you can see them, short brown hair that slick back, but I'm not really the dating type plus who could miss the wedding ring on his left finger?

"Dr. Elwes, who's in this room?" I ask as I look back at the black door. I hear him sigh as he takes off his glasses and cleans them. "I can't say patient confidentiality. But he's a terror; I think I'm going to ask Mrs. Ross if I can give him to someone else." I see him look at me and his eyes widen, "You're about his age. Maybe he'll listen to you better. But... He's a danger..." I look at him and smile, "Dr. Elwes, I just got done with Harvey Dent, I think I can handle a nineteen year old." I start to look through my files and pull out Oswald Cobblepot also known as the Penguin.

"How about this, I'll give you Oswald's folder if you give me patient...." I look back at the door, "Patient 201's folder. Deal?" I watch as Dr. Elwes gives me a worried look, "Are you sure? Oswald is an easy patient; this patient is a lot harder." I nod as I pull out his folder and handled it to him, "Here, his all yours." I watch as Dr. Elwes take the folder and hands me Patient 201. "If you need anything, please just let me know. I'll help as much as I can." He says he walks away. I smile to myself, I was about to look at the folder when is saw the time, "Shit." I say as I start to run, I was going to be late.

***

I reach the Riddler's room to see a question mark on his door, makes scene. I knock before I open the door, "Mr. Nygma?" I ask as I walk in I see him standing on his bed looking at me. I see that they let him keep his question mark suit and hat. I sit down as he looks at the clock behind me. "I'm Dr. Elsa Wayne; I'm your new therapist." I say but he keeps looking at the clock. "Until I am measured I am not known. Yet how you miss me when I have flown." He says and looks at me. "What am I Dr. Wayne?" "If I answer, will you stop playing games and talk to me?" I ask.

He nods as he slides off the bed and sits on it. I sigh, "Time." I see him raise an eyebrow, "Why do you think that?" "Because, I was almost late, so why not do a riddle about time? To try and make me guilty." I say as I watch him go into his chair and take off his hat. "Well Dr. Wayne, you got my attention." He says with a smile. I do a small smile, "Then let's talk." I start to look though his files, "From what I can see, you were physically abused by his father. An abuse like that can leave you scared." I look back up at him, I feel like he hasn't blink since he sat down.

"Do you think that's why I'm crazy? Maybe you should give me some medication to make me less, mad." He says with a laugh. "Med won't help you. I believe that when your father abused you, I believe it was because you were telling his lies, so he would abuse you to tell the truth. That's why you use riddles, as a loophole." I see him lend back, "Well, are you a smart cookie. So how do you plan on fixing me Miss. Wayne?"

I lend forward, "How do you plan on me fixing you Mr. Nygma?" I ask. He raises an eyebrow, "Are you trying to do a riddle at me now?" He asks. I shake my head, "I can't do riddles Mr. Nygma. I can just figure them out." I say as I start to stand up. "I think that's all we have for today Mr. Nygma. We'll talk again tomorrow; maybe you'll have some harder riddles for me then." I say as I start to walk to door. "You know Dr. Wayne." I stop and look at him, "Life is full of questions, but to me, I see them as riddles, and my riddle about you is how badly do you want to see your sister?"

I feel calm for some reason, maybe because he doesn't really know if I do have a sister or not. I grab the door handle, "I have no sister." I say and open the door and walk out. I put my back to the door when I hear the Riddler start to laugh. Maybe this job is harder than I thought. I straighten myself up as I hear my phone go off. I look to see Bruce calling me. "Bruce, just the person I wanted to talk too." I say. "Elsa, how is your first day?" He asks. "Fine, beside my father helping me gets his ex-villains." I hiss quietly.

I wait a few minutes, knowing his thinking. "I think we should get lunch. When is your next appointment?" He asks. "In an hour. I have time for lunch now. Meet you at our normal place?" I ask. "Yes, I will see you soon dear." And with that he hangs up. I sigh and put my phone in my purse as I walk to my locker. "Miss. Wayne." I hear behind me. I turn to see Mrs. Ross. "Mrs. Ross, I was just about to get to lunch." I say as I close my locker. "Oh well I just wanted to tell you, I have your office ready for you so when you're done with lunch, all your stuff will be waiting for you."

I smile, "Well thank you Mrs. Ross, that's so sweet of you." I say as I start to walk to the car. "Oh and Mss. Wayne." I turn. "How is your first day so far? Dr. Elwes told me you two switched cases." I nod, "He didn't want to deal with room 201 anymore. So I told him I would." Mrs. Ross starts to walk to me, "Your father told me not to give you that patient." I raise an eyebrow, "Why?" I ask wondering why Bruce would let me see my sister but not this patient.

"He wouldn't tell me, he just said that you should stay away." She says. "Well, Mrs. Ross, I'm sorry but now, I can't stay away. He's my patient now. Now if you don't mind, I'm having lunch with my father, and I believe I have a talk with him." I start to walk away, "See you after lunch Mrs. Ross." I say with anger at my father, we need to have a talk with him now.

Hey guys!!! I'm having a lot of fun writing this story! I have some great idea going on in my head! I know I haven't really gotten to the Jelsa stuff yet but it's coming. I just want to show some of the wonderful villains in the great batman series! So give me time! I'll update again soon. But I want to know, who is your favorite batman villain? Mine of course is Harley Quinn. I love her and the Joker's relationship; It's beautiful and creepy all in one. So let me hear from your guys, who is your favorite batman villain? Leave me some comments or votes if you like it! Sorry for my grammar and spelling!

~Kitty Kat