2 The Mall Rats

Max's POV.

I try to do my skateboard trick for the hunderth time this morning,but I fail again.The skateboard rolls away from under my feet but someone stops it.I look up and see El.What is she doing here?She starts walking up to me.

"Hi".She says.

"Hi?".I say as she hands me my skateboard.

"Can we talk?".El looks up at me.

"And then he said he-he missed me.And then he just hung up".El says as she sits on my bed and I walk back and fourth.

"He's a peice of shit".I tell her.

"What?".El looks at me.

"Mike doesn't have jack shit to do today and his Nana obviously isn't sick".I say. "I gurantee you,him,Y/N and Lucas are playing Atari right now".

I'm not accusing Y/N of making Mike not hang out with El,but that was the best explanation of what was happening right now.

"But friends don't lie".El says.

"Yeah,well,boyfriends and girlfriends lie.All the time".I look at her.I sit down on the bed next to El. "You're going to stop calling him.You're going to ignore his calls.As far as you're concerned,he doesn't exist".

"Doesn't exist?".

"He treated you like garbage.You're gonna treat him like garbage.Give him a taste of his own medicine".

"Give him the medicine".

"And if he doesn't fix this,if he doesn't explain himself,dump his ass".

El stares at me with wide eyes.I pull her up by her hands.

"Come on".I say.

"Where are we going?".El asks.

"To have some fun".I reply. "There's more to life than stupid boys you know".

Y/N's POV.

I walk into Scoops Ahoy as Dustin called me.He said he had something important.

"Hey Robin".I say as I walk up to her.

"Y/N,the dinguses are in the back".Robin looks at me and I smile.

I walk into the backroom and see Steve walking around and Dustin sitting at a table.They're listening to something.

"What are you two idiots doing?".I ask.

"Ok,basically,last night I intercepted a Russian conversation".Dustin replies.

"I'm sorry,what?".I look at him.

"He heard a Russian conversation".Steve says. "And now we're trying to find out what they said".

Robin then bursts into the room,an annoyed look on her face.

"All right,babysitting time is over.You need to get in there".She says before looking at the board and back at us. "Hey,my board.That was important data shitbirds".

"I gurantee you,what we're doing is way more important than your data".Dustin says.

"Yeah,and how do you these Russians are up to no good anyways?".Robin looks at them.

"How does she know about the Russians?".Dustin asks.

"I don't know".Steve replies.

"Hello I can hear you".Robin says. "Actually,I can hear everything.You are extremely loud and the window is open.You think you have evil Russians plotting against our country,on tape,and you haven't figured out a word becuase you haven't figured out a word because you didn't realise Russians use an entirely different alphabet.Sounds about right?".

I look out of the window and I can't believe what I see.It's my dad walking hand in hand with another woman.Then he kisses her on the lips and they walk away.

"Hey,guys.I'll be back in a mintue".I say before I run out of Scoops Ahoy and follow my dad.

I walk behind people so they can't notice me.I stop when they walk into the cinema and the anger fills my body.

I knew my dad was cheating but some part of me hoped that it wasn't true.That one day my parents would stop arguing and everything would go back to normal.

I storm out of the mall but I stop when I hear someone shouting at me.

"Y/N?".It's Mike.I turn my head and see him,Will and Lucas by the bike rack.

"Mike?".I walk up to then. "Why aren't you with El?".

"Why aren't you with Max?".Lucas asks.

"Well,you see,I don't have to spend my whole time with her".I reply as I look at Mike.

"Ok,doesn't matter.Have you talked to El?".Mike says.

"No,not today".I say. "Why?".

"Isn't this a nice suprise".We turn around and see Max and El.

"What are you doing here?".Mike asks El.

"Shopping".She replies.

"This is her new style".Max says. "What do you think?".

"What's wrong with you?You know she's not allowed to be here".Mike says and I glare at him.

"What is she your little pet?".

"Yeah,am I your pet?".El looks at him.

"What?No!".Mike exclaims.

"Then why do you treat me like garbage?".El asks.

"What?".Mike replies.

"You said Nana was sick".El says.

"She is".Mike looks at Lucas. "She is.She is sick".

"Yeah,she's super sick.That's why we're here actually".Lucas says.

"Yeah,we're shopping.Not for us,but for Nana.Also,we're here to get a gift for you.Just we couldn't find anything that suited you and I have like $3.50,so it's hard.It's expensive".Mike says.

"You lie".El says. "Why do you lie?"

El turns around to look at the bus before she looks at Mike and walks up to him.

"I dump your ass".

My mouth opens wide as I did not expect that to happen.El turns around to walk away and Max grabs my hand.

"You're coming with us".She's says.

I'm still stunned from what El just did that I don't say anything.I let Max drag me onto the bus and we sit down.The three of us start laughing .