21: Acceptance? (Part I)

Start from the beginning

"Wha- What? What are you talking about?" You were confused.

"Oh come on Y/N no need to hide it. You can trust us with your secrets." Emira winked. "Right Ed?"

"Yeah we've been hanging out for quite a while now. And we've only pranked you like twice." Edric proudly appealed.

It is true. You've been mingling enough for you to trust them despite the pranks and jokes. However, you were still clueless about what they were implying.

"I'm sorry but I'm really confused right now." You were puzzled.

"Girls do not simply go through a drastic hair transformation for no reason." Emira insisted. "So tell me, who's the mean witch that broke up with you?"

"B-break up?" You stammered.

"I didn't break up with anyone." You laughed, thinking it was such a ridiculous accusation.

"I've always been single." You proudly proclaim.

"Now that I say that out it sounds sad." You muttered.

"Well I still don't believe you." Emira objected. "But unimportant for now. So does this mean you're free?!" She leaned in close to you.

"Does this mean your ex is free?!" Edric leaned in as well, looking all excited.

"Look guys there's no ex and there was no break up." You explained, backing up slight to get some space.

"I'm single and completely happy about it." You stated (LIES!!).

"I'm sorry to cut this conversation short but I have to catch up with Luz. We're getting our staffs today." You excuse yourself.

"No prob. See later Y/N~" Em smiled.

"See yah! And don't forget to tell your "non-existent" ex about me." Edric instructed.

"Sure, I'll make sure to give them your contact." You joked.

You proceeded to walk with Luz to the Grudgeby court where the Palismen will be.

"Ooo I'm so excited!" Luz Squealed.

"But... Shouldn't Amity be here?" She asked with a sad tone.

"Sorry Luz, I heard she stayed home today." Willow explained.

"Missing someone are we?" You teased.

"W-well of course I do. She's my friend." Luz shied down a bit.

You and Willow looked at each other. You two knew what was up.

"Good tidings on this momentous day!" Principal Bump greeted. "Today, You're all about to receive your witches staffs. And more importantly, meet your Palismen. This is a crucial step in your magical development."

Luz happily bounced, trying to hold all her excitement in.

"Palismen are life-long partners. They can be both your good friends and a powerful ally. In my case..." Principal Bump snapped his fingers and his read headwear transformed into a Palisman, revealing his long silky hair.

"Holy titan!" Luz gasped.

"Freewin here helps me see." Bump continued.

"Now traditionally, young witches carve their staffs from the branch of an old Palistrom tree." Eda discussed.

"But sadly, Palistrom trees are becoming more rare. And those that remain are guarded covetously." Bump added.

"That's why I teamed up with Bumpypoo..." Eda winked.