Great Idea

It was a few weeks later and the kids decided to stay up late last night having a pillow fight. Lena was up early so she could go back to her place.
"I was thinking... why go back when you guys can move in here?" Stef mumbled grabbing Lena's hand half asleep. Lena paused and then a small smile cracked on her face.
"That's a great idea" Lena mumbled back. She was still sharing custody with her ex wife Monte and would have to coordinate with her the changes but, Stef was right, it was time to move in together. Kids and all. Some may say it was too quick but, they both knew, why waste any more time?
She slipped out of her bed to wake up Frankie. Lena was planning on packing up stuff to move over today and it was also Monte's morning and afternoon with Frankie.
"Frankie, come on honey wake up" Lena said walking into the guest bedroom and gently tugging at the bundle of blankets.
"Frankie?" Lena noticed she wasn't in her bed.
Lena's heart started to pound harder. She went into the bathroom. It was dark and quiet. No signs of any kids. She gently opened the door in Callie's room to see the most precious sight, her daughter sleeping in Callie's bed. Frankie was sleeping peacefully cuddled onto Callie's arm while Callie was also fast asleep. The blankets on their bed messed up and pillows everywhere. They must have been up late Lena thought. She looked at the time, 7:30 am. Frankie would have to be at Monte's before 9. Lena decided to let her daughter sleep some more and went to pack a few of her things for her into her backpack. Frankie was always used to shared custody and moving. She knew once she fully moved in with Stef that transition would be easier again. They wouldn't be flipping between three houses. After waiting a bit, she went to go wake up Frankie.
She gently rubbed her daughters hand trying to not wake Callie.

"Frankie" she whispered

"Frankie" she whispered. Frankie's eyes opened and immediately filled with dread. She clearly did not like waking up in the mornings to go somewhere else. She knew frankie already considered this her home.
"Come on" Lena helped her up and out of bed. Callie moved around, flickered her eyes, then quickly went back to sleep.
Lena helped Frankie put on her backpack. She was being stif and not in a good mood today.
"I don't want to" Frankie said quietly as she stomped her foot. Tears filled her eyes and she began to cry.
"Shhh.. honey you can come back with Stef later okay?" She tried to get her daughter to quiet down as she wiped her tears. She handed frankie her glasses and she nodded and walked downstairs.
She couldn't wait to tell Frankie the news later.

~

"Already miss me?" Lena answered the phone.
It was already almost time to pick up Frankie and Lena had a lot of things packed up to bring to Stef's place.
"Well, of course. I'm always thinking about you on my days off" Stef giggled.
"I will be there soon just gotta pick up Frankie in a bit then I'm yours" Lena was packing her SUV with boxes.
"Can't wait. I'm out with B and Callie we're at Cal's dance rehearsal she's starting up again trying to move up classes.. I'm sure you already know" Stef giggled again.
"Yup, they are recruiting for a new group. She will do great!" Lena said excitedly.
"So, we're here and we've been kicked out of the gymnasium by the girls so we are enjoying the sun" Stef said and Brandon rolled his eyes.
"It's soo boring" he said kicking the rocks.
"She will be out soon" Stef said reassuring Brandon.
He pouted and sat down with his arms crossed.
"Someone doesn't seem happy" Lena said.
"Yeah, well, I'll see you later we're gonna get B a treat huh?" Stef said looking at Brandon who had no reaction. She decided to treat him since he was unhappy. He always appreciated little mom and son dates.
"Okay, I'll see you l-" Lena was interrupted by the gymnasium doors opening and the dance instructor rushing up to Stef.
"Everything okay?" Stef said quickly noticing her facial expression and urgency.
"We are all trying to be calm. Callie accidentally fell on her arm and she can't move it now. She's in a lot of pain. I'm not sure if it's broken, it might be a sprain but it's best she goes and gets it checked out"
"Oh my, okay let me see her. Come on B" Stef said,
"Lena, Callie hurt her arm. I'll fill you in later"
"Okay love you-" Lena was cut off by Stef hanging up and rushing inside.
Callie was standing next to the water fountain holding her arm.
"Can we go" she said quickly looking down and grabbing her backpack with her other hand.
"Keep me updated" the instructor said giving Callie a pat on her arm while some other students said their well wishes also. The teacher started up lesson again and Callie hurried out.
"Hold on, Cal are you okay? Let me look" Stef said gesturing to her arm.
"It hurts really bad I can't move it" Callie said shaking her head. Her face was red and sweaty from practice and Stef could tell she was now overwhelmed.
"She just wants attention" Brandon rolled his eyes.
"You're so mean!" Callie yelled back
"Okay, that's enouch both of you, stop it. This looks pretty swollen" Stef said touching her arm carefully. It was red and did have some bruising along the side.
"What did you do?" She questioned
"I tripped and I was in a weird position my arm went under my leg and- can we just go" she said frustrated.
"Okay, we're gonna go to the ER" Stef said taking Callie's messy hair out and fixing it into a clean ponytail. Brandon crossed his arms and sighed. He really did not like the idea of going to the ER ontop of having to come to Callie's practice. Stef noticed Callie now looked sad and she leaned in and wrapped her in a hug while Brandon got in the vehicle.
"You okay love?" Stef said stroking her hair.
Callie didn't answer but Stef felt her gently shaking and sniffling in her arms.
"Let's go get your arm checked out yeah?" Stef said wiping Callie's tears and both getting into the vehicle.
They arrived quickly and Callie was able to be seen quickly, thankfully. She was getting X RAYs while Brandon and Stef sat in the waiting room.
"Still up for that treat?" Stef said nudging Brandon.
"I guess" he shrugged. God, they are acting more and more like teenagers each day she thought. This sent chills down her spine. Soon to be three teens in her home.
"I'm sorry your day hasn't been super fun either but I'm sure your sister appreciates you being here. You just have to find the fun in things" Stef smiled holding his hand and getting up pulling him to the vending machine.
"This is the best option we got" she said and Brandon smiled.
"I want the cookies" he said pointing to the pack of cookies.
"Cookies for lunch? Alright" Stef said inserting the money. Brandon grabbed the cookies and smiled,
"Thanks mom" he said walking happily back to his seat.
Wow that was easy
Stef thought. It was definitely not that easy to calm down Callie when she's upset. She giggled at the thought. Just then Mike rushed through the entrance.
"Hi dad!" Brandon said running up to him and giving him a hug. The kids had not yet had their visits this week so, naturally B missed him.
"Hey B. How's it going? How's Callie?" He said worried.
"Getting X RAYS done right now and uh she should be done soon you'll get to see her" Stef said with her hands in her pocket. It was still a bit awkward around Mike. They of course put that aside for their kids sake.
"Mrs. Foster?" The doctor said
"Uh Ms. Foster, yes" Stef said walking towards him along with Brandon and Mike.
"We got Callie's X RAY's done, please, come on back" he smiled leading them all to the room to see Callie and hear the results.