Run Away

Stef woke up early before anyone else and decided to surprise everyone with some breakfast. She quickly got ready and headed out the door.
She arrived at a small, local coffee shop and got off to order.
"Hi, what would you like?" The person behind the counter said. It was very early so there was only a few other people in the shop.
"Hi, can I get two small breakfast burritos and hashbrowns. Then can I get two egg and cheese croissants and a small coffee with cream please" she said. She decided to order everyone a little something.
"Sure, no problem that will be $15.06" she said and Stef payed.
"Here's that coffee and the food will come out in just a minute" she said smiling.
"Thank you!" Stef said backing up and walking to the side,
Just then a women backed up in the same way and Stef accidentally dropped some of her coffee on the womans coat and shoes.
"Oh my God!" Stef said putting her hand over her mouth.
"Ohh it's okay, my bad" the lady said laughing and grabbing napkins.
"No, I should have been more careful. Oh no, I'm so sorry" Stef said helping her dab her coat with clean napkins.
"Do I know you? You look awfully familiar" the lady said. She had beautiful dark skin and her hair was natural and in curls.
"Well, I don't know, I am a cop so maybe you've seen me around in my uniform?" Stef laughed.
Just then she realized where she knew this person, it was her kids principal. She had seen her a few time in the past. It was Lena, the woman who's voice she couldn't get out of her head.

"Hmm that's not it, do you have kids? And do they go to Anchor Beach charter by any chance?" The lady said

"Actually, yes they do" Stef said playing dumb.
"I'm Lena! The principal" she said smiling and shaking Stef's hand.
"Ohh you are! wow what a coincidence and I actually called and had a conversation with you recently" she said continuing to wipe off the coffee cup that now had coffee all over it.
"Yes I remember! How are your kids doing?" Lena said nicely.
"They're both great actually, everything is well" she said and Lena smiled.
"That's great well, I hope to see you around school more" she said and Stef blushed.
"Definitely, I hope to be around more" she said giggling and Lena giggled in return.
"Have a nice day" she said walking out. Lena felt a warmth when she was around Stef. She wondered if Stef was single or if she was even a lesbian. She would have asked her out for a coffee date but she decided to keep it professional. After all, she was the principal and couldn't risk any scandals.
Stef hadn't noticed before but,  she was one of the most beautiful women she had ever seen.
"Stef!" The barista yelled and Stef grabbed the food and headed home.
She arrived home about 10 minutes later and put the food on the table.
She went upstairs and back to her room and climbed in to bed,
"Would it really be that bad?" Mike said groggily turning over to face her.
"What?" She said confused.
"To have another kid" he said quietly.
"Mike.. we can barely deal with two" she laughed.
"I know but that's only because they're twins. Basically nobody knows how to raise their first child and we got two in one" Mike said touching her shoulder. She scooted back,
"I really don't want to think about that right now. That's not something that I'm wanting Mike, not right now" she said turning around.
"Okay. Just something to think about.. maybe soon?" he got up and walked over to the bathroom.
"And who's to say we won't have twins again? You cant just pick and choose" she added.
"But they are at that good age where they can help out a lot if we do have another. They'll be amazing older siblings" Mkke said as he thought about the possibilities.
"I'm over this conversation" she said putting her hands up.
"Fine" he said about to shut the door to the bathroom,
"Oh I brought breakfast downstairs" She said and Mike smiled.
She layed in bed for a few minutes thinking about Lena. She knew her marriage was never going to last if she kept thinking about other people in this way, especially a woman. This might be the missing piece in her life, she always felt empty in her marriage and she wondered if it was because she was a lesbian.
Lesbian, for the first time she let herself think of that word and she smiled at the thought.
Just then Brandon walked in to the room in tears,
"What's wrong?" Stef immediately sat up.
"I don't feel good and I" Brandon said as he held his stomach then threw up on the floor.
"Oh no, B!" Stef said rushing over to him. She guided him to the bathroom where he threw up again in the toilet.
"No school for you tomorrow and no leaving your bedroom today! You know the rules" Stef said. This was just another chaotic morning in their household.
Whenever one of the twins was sick she always had them isolate in their room because the other one was likely to get sick as well and they didn't like spreading the illness around the family.
"Okay" he said and walked back to his room after he finished cleaning up.
Callie was already up as well and walked into the bathroom.
"You feeling okay Cal?" Stef said.
"Yeah I'm good, just hungry" she said yawning.
"Okay your brother is sick so our room tonight okay?" She said and Callie nodded.
About an hour later Stef and Mike managed to clean and sanitize upstairs and finally head down to eat.
"You know, sometimes I like it when I'm sick so I won't need to leave the room and I get to have my own room for a day" Callie said smiling as she took another bite of her food.
"What?" Stef said laughing.
"I like having my own room" she said looking down.