CH. 27

🦦 enjoy.

Soleil watched from the window, the tiny snowflakes falling, the streets coated with snow. She had only witnessed once in her life and that was when she visited Georgia a few years back.

Though she hated the cold, she thought it was beautiful to experience at least once. She couldn't imagine living in a state where they experienced heavy snowfall during the winter. She didn't even know how Selah managed to tolerate it when she lived in Florida her whole life — it definitely was a huge adjustment, from living in a state where it was almost hot year round.

She was glad her sister had warned her about the snow prior to her flight. The clothes that she had weren't even suitable to withstand the weather in New York compared to Florida.

Soleil peeped from the reflection in the window as a figure walked into the room. She cleared her throat, glancing down at her feet. "Siraj..." she called to her.

"Hm?" she heard him respond, she turned around to see that he was in his towel, sitting down on the bed. She quickly turned back around, feeling herself become flustered.

"Do you, um...—do you love me?" she asked him, the question that had been floating around in her mind since her conversation with Keia. Despite Keia making some valid points, she needed to ask him herself, just for reassurance.

"Look at me," he told her, she slowly turned around, tugging at the sleeve of her sweater. "I do, Soleil. Why do you think I'm here?"

Soleil softly chuckled, as she took a seat in one of the chairs by the window. "I thought you were here on a business trip?" she reminded him, tucking her legs in the chair.

"I am, but you being here played a major part in me coming here. I just hoped that, when I sent you that message before I got onto the plane, you wouldn't reject my advances again."

"If this were any other guy, I would say this is creepy and a bit stalker-ish but since it's you, I guess it's kind of sweet. After reading your message, I just couldn't leave you hanging." she replied, tucking her hands in her lap.

Silence fell over the room, as the pair held prolonged eye contact with each other. Soleil found herself becoming nervous from the way he intensely stared at her, almost as if he were staring directly into her soul.

"Why'd you ask?" he tilted his head, as she half shrugged her shoulders, breaking eye contact, as she looked out of the window again. "Must be a reason, you doubting my love for you?"

"This situation has," she lowly spoke, returning her attention back onto him. "I never really thought you felt that way, because you've never said it. I had a conversation wit' Keia the other day, and she pointed it out."

"I never said anything because you said you wanted to take our relationship slow, and I figured me saying that to you, would make you think that I was moving too fast — even though, time doesn't mean shit to me." he explained, getting up from the bed to walk over to his suitcase. "Just didn't want to make you uncomfortable."

"I understand,"

Soleil watched as he searched through his suitcase, his body still glistening with small water droplets that flowed down his body onto the towel still wrapped around his waist, the gold chain dangling from his neck as he leaned forward. Her eyes following over the tracings of his tattoos on his brawny, well-built frame.