CH. 17

hi my babies. 💕

"Good morning," Lei spoke as she got into Raj's car the following morning. She sat her backpack down on the floor, reaching her free hand back to grab the seatbelt.

"Good morning, ma." Raj greeted her, reversing out of the driveway once she was settled in. Lei relaxed back in the seat, tucking her hands into the pocket of her hoodie.

Since last night, there was still tension between the pair. Raj felt as if Lei still felt a way towards him, despite sharing a kiss, she kept her distance from him the rest of the night, keeping her focus on her friends. It didn't bother him much, however, what did bother him was Lei paying too much attention to Isidro.

Though it seemed to be friendly between the two, he couldn't help but notice at times Isidro flirting with her. Again though, he didn't want to create false scenarios, aware that Lei only saw him as a friend and nothing more. But he needed to make sure that they were on the same page and that Isidro knew his place.

"Can I ask you something?" he finally broke the silence that filled the car, Lei hummed in response, continuing to stare ahead out of the window. "Isidro know you dealing wit' someone?"

"He's under the impression that I'm single, but he knows who you are. What we have is a strictly platonic relationship, so you do not have to worry about him." she spoke in a mellow tone.

"Are you sure?" he raised an eyebrow, sneaking a glance over at her.

"Yes, because unlike you, when I tell someone I'm interested in, they don't have to worry about a particular person, I mean it."

Raj's eyes slightly widened, as he glanced over at her once again. "Okay, ouch, that's a li'l harsh." he said, switching his focus between her and the road. "So, you're still upset?"

"Yes...I am." she said, grabbing her phone out of the pocket of her hoodie as it vibrated. She checked it, seeing that her sister texted her, wishing her luck on her exams.

Selah was aware that Xahir helped Soleil study for her exams, giving her pep talks and advice for when exam week rolled around. Now that he was gone, she had to rely on herself to keep a positive attitude for her exams.

She did voice her concerns to Selah about it, her sister assuring her that she would do what she could to help in any way. Soleil was thankful for the gesture, especially knowing that Selah was a busy person — splitting her time between being a journalist, a wife and a mom, they rarely had time to catch up.

Soleil never took it to heart though, she was proud of how successful her sister was, and cherished any moment that they were able to speak.

There are times when Soleil do miss her presence heavily, saddened by the thought she wasn't able to physically able to hang out with neither of her siblings.

However, Joziah and Keia did their best to make sure Soleil never felt alone, but eventually, their efforts will only go so far as the holidays were quickly approaching. The pair would be going back home and it would be the first time in months, where Soleil would be alone again.

She didn't look forward to it, but she tried her best not to think too much about it. Instead wanting to focus on enjoying her best friends company until then.

Raj kept quiet until he made it to campus, he wanted to give her his full attention, and put the issue to rest for good. Of course he was glad his suspicions were confirmed, but it still made him wonder — why did she kiss him back last night if she was still upset?

Had she thought about the issue a little deeper and decided that it wasn't the best idea forgiving him so soon?

He reversed into an empty parking space, and shifted the gears into park, before turning his attention onto Soleil. "Talk to me, tell me what's on your mind." he finally spoke.