Thirty Seven - "I'm dying to kiss you now."

Start from the beginning

"I see. And you, being the VIP guest... not to mention, young, rich and single... got to meet them all, particularly the single ladies."

"Well, yeah... " his eyes slightly narrowed.

"And you hang out with the ladies."

"No," he answered curtly, then his eyes slightly narrowed, when I clasped my arms together, and rolled my eyes, "why are you acting skeptical? You don't believe me?"

I leaned back, suppressing a sigh.

"I don't date girls I meet on a business trip," he held my eyes, "at the end of the day, business is still business. Sleeping with your business partner's daughter, sister or friend, would be messy."

"So, who do you sleep with?"

His forehead furrowed, "do we have to go there now? It's our first date."

I waved my hand, dismissing the topic, "Forget it, I'm just teasing you. You don't have to tell me. Let's talk about something else. What about... movies?"

"No, let's talk about it now," he heaved a sigh, "I'm afraid if I won't answer you, you're not going to tell me anything about you."

I scoffed.

"Okay, to answer your question," he continued, "I do the usual thing, I go on a date. I don't hire women, if that's what you're thinking."

"Oh gosh, that's far from my mind," I clasped my arms together.

"Really?" his eyebrows rose, doubting my answer. When I nodded, he asked, "it's your turn. Tell me about your exes."

I chuckled aloud, "no way. I'm not ready to tell you about it. Let's save it for the tenth date."

He leaned back against his seat, studying me, "why? Do you still have feelings for him?"

I frowned, shaking my head, "nope. It's been more than a year. I'm done with him."

"Good. I'm glad to know that," he reached for my hand, caressing my knuckles, "I don't want you thinking of other guys."

"How can I think of other guys, I have a strikingly gorgeous boyfriend."

"You think I'm gorgeous now?" his mouth twisted in a smile, "you never gave me a second look before."

"When we first met? You were so arrogant, ruthless and felt like you were God's gift to women. You pretended to be the driver, and on that same day... you threw me into the pool!"

He burst out laughing, shaking his head, "no. I mean, before that?"

I gave him a suspicious look, "before that? Ah... in the garden? I haven't seen you."

"So you don't remember," he twisted his lips, clicking his tongue, "we met in a tie store."

"No way... " my eyes grew big, staring at him, "When was that?"

"About two years ago. I was in the store first, when you arrived. You even asked for my suggestion which tie to pick, red or blue. I said, pick the blue one."

"Oh yeah, I remember asking someone..." I tried to recall that day. I was shopping for a birthday gift for Jacob, "that was you?"

He nodded, "I even introduced myself."

"Oh!" I was even more surprised.

"But you never gave me a second look," his expression looked so sad.

I stood up, and hugged him, pressing a kiss on his cheek.

"I'm sorry, Kristov. You must have thought that I was so rude."