Episode 10: His Truth

ابدأ من البداية

"What do we do?" Penny asked.

"Nothing," Hangry said. "Unless you want him to cut you down too."

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

Whoosh!

Lucky swung with all his might, but no matter which angle he struck from, his attacks refused to land.

"Very gung ho," Nosferatu noted, barely breaking a sweat. "But you're gonna have to try a bit harder than that, I'm afraid." In a single motion, the vampire caught Lucky's axe, killing the rabbit's momentum. "I'm sensing nothing different from when we first clashed. If that's true"—he sneered—"it's no wonder that girl lost her life."

Lucky clenched his teeth, his chords struck, and with each of his gears strained, he ripped his weapon free. He then hammered the blunt side into his foe's torso, blasting him away.

"That's more like it!" Nosferatu praised, satisfied.

Shut your mouth.

The bunny freed one of his hands, curling it into a fist, and as he aimed it at the menace, the upper portion slid open to reveal a machine gun's barrel.

Pop!Pop!Pop!Pop!Pop!Pop!Pop!

At a rapid pace, white flashed from the muzzle, bullets racing out to zip towards the vampire.

"A new toy, eh?"

His agility sublime, Nosferatu evaded the masses of brass, directing them all to dig into the faces of the various buildings.

Frustration pinched each of the rabbit's wires.

Stay still!

A command disregarded, for after having his fill of defense, the vampire switched gears, thrusting towards Lucky to snatch him by the throat and drag him ruthlessly against the solid ground.

The fiend then tossed the rabbit high into the air.

"I see you've gotten your repairs," he said. "Let's see if that new body fairs any better, shall we?"

Nosferatu waved his hand, and with the power of his mind, he tore away chunks of the buildings around him to fling at Lucky.

The bunny braced himself.

Wham!

Wham!

Brutally, the projectiles slammed into his frame, and while the shell remained unscathed, inside, he felt his system rattle.

Before long, Lucky landed back on the ground.

No time to wince.

He holstered his axe. Then, his resolve sound, he zoomed to his foe, smashing together their persons as he shoved the vampire back towards the castle. There, he fired off a series of vicious punches, hammering Nosferatu into the ground as he pounded away pieces of his face.

Yet, the vampire only chuckled, taking the hits in stride. Even as his jaw snapped, he managed a grin.

"Feeling better?"

As quick as it came, the damage done evaporated, returning the fiend's body back to normal.

"My turn."

With a single flick of his finger, Nosferatu launched Lucky into the castle wall, shredding off bits of the rabbit's armor as his interface briskly glitched out. 

Nosferatu then pinned the bunny against the structure, his arm pressed against Lucky's throat.

"Surely, that's not all you have to offer," he said. "After all the abuse we put you through, one would think you'd have a bigger bite. Or perhaps, that girl's death didn't mean much to you, after all."