1 Suzie,Do You Copy?

Start from the beginning

"Yeah,watch it,nerd".Lucas' 10 year old sister says to Mike.

"Isn't it past your bed time?".Lucas asks.

"Isn't it time you died?".She replies.

"Psycho".

"Butthead".

"Mallrat".

Lucas blows a raspberry at his sister.

"Oh,now that was mature".Max says.

Making our way over to Scoops Ahoy,Max interwines her fingers with mine.Even after the amount of times we've held hands,it still
makes me blush.

Mike rings the bell as Robin looks at him.

"Hey,dingus,you're children are here".Robins shouts.

Steve opens the sliding window and looks at all of us.

"Again?Seriously?".Steve says.

Mike looks him in the eyes and rings the bell again.We walk to the backdoor and Steve opens it for us.

"Come on,come on".Steve says as we walk past him. "I swear if anybody hears about this-".

"We're dead!".We cut him off.

I sit down next to Max,our hands still interlocked.Mike,Will and Lucas are behind us.

Will passes a two drinks to me and I give one to Max.

The movie starts and it barely begins before the screen goes black.Everybody groans.

"Come on".I say as I throw my head back.

The power goes out for a whole mintue before it comes back on.Everyone cheers as the film comes back on and Max and I smile at each other.

After the film,we walk out of the mall talking about the film.Max and I say bye to our friends before pedalling down the road and into a neighbourhood.

"Do you want to sleepover?".I ask Max.

"I would but I don't have any clothes with me".Max replies.

"You know you can just wear mine".I tell her as I give her a look.

"Ok".Max says.

When we get to my house,I close the door behind me.I take my shoes off and look over to my dad who is sleeping on the couch.I walk into my room and open my window to let Max in.She climbs in and I walk over to my wardrobe.I throw Max a t shirt and shorts and we both turn around to get changed.

I pull my t shirt over my head and jump into my bed,Max following me.She lays her head on my chest and I wrap my arms around her.We go silent and the only thing you can hear is the sound of our breathing and the beating of our hearts.

"Y/N".Max says and I love the way she says my name.

"Yeah?".

"I really like you".Max looks up at me.

"I really like you too".I tell her and I kiss her on the cheek.

Max puts her head back on my chest and at this point,I really want to ask her to be my girlfriend.I take a deep breath.

"Max".I say.

"Yes?".Max looks up at me again.

"Um,would you....would you like to be my girlfriend?".I ask her as I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Oh my god,you idiot,yes".Max replies. "Obviously yes".

We giggle and then we go quiet.Even in the dark I could see Max's face lean in but when she's about to kiss me,I hear footsteps in the hallway.