T h i r t e e n

When I woke up the next morning, Corey wasn't there like he was last night.

My Mom walked in and looked at me.

"Morning, get ready for church." she told me, then looked at my window.

"Why is your window open?" she asked. "Oh, Brinleigh! Why's your screen cut off?" she yelled, the walked over to my desk where the screen and knife laid, picking them up.

"Uh, well it was in the middle of the night, and I thought there was a squirrel in my room or something since I was still kind of drowsy. So I went downstairs, grabbed a knife, cut the screen off, then let the creature out." What a lame excuse, I thought.

"We'll talk about this later, it's God's day today and I will not fight." she sighed.

I'm guessing she didn't take my stupid excuse.

***
After church I went upstairs to call Corey, just to make sure that he got home safely or something like that.

Actually, I just wanted to talk to him is all.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Hey, so did you make it home?" I asked.

"Yes, I did, actually." he sounded annoyed.

"Okay well, when do you want to work on our project again? I was thinking Tuesday, maybe then we can get it finished and-"

"Actually, I think I've got the project from here now. You don't need to come over anymore." he rudely said.

What's his problem?

"Oh okay, well I'll see you tomorrow then." I said and he hung up.

Jerk much? I thought.

I don't know what his problem was, he comes crying to me about his problems. I'm there for him, then he acts like a jerk to me.

Maybe he didn't get a lot of sleep, he probably had to get up early seeming how I woke up around seven and he was gone.

I'll just go with that.

I walked downstairs to see my parents sitting on the couch.

"We need to talk." my Dad said.

Great

"What about?" I asked.

"Your Mother told me about your window." he gestured to my Mom.

Traitor

"What was the real reason that your window was open?" my Mom asked.

"She means, who was here?" My Dad corrected her.

"I have no idea what you mean." I told them.

"I heard walking on the panels last night." he said.

Great, I'm doomed

"Okay, okay. Well you see, Camilla was having some problems and wanted some comfort, and I didn't want to wake you two so she came through my window." I lied.

"Next time, just bring her through the front door." he said, got up then left to his room.

_____________

Short chapter alert

woah what's up Corey's, great looking, rounded butt?

(dedicated to Tobleedgrease since she got hacked.)