F i v e

The week had seemed to go by pretty fast, leading up to the day that I was to go over to Corey's house.

Sunday, we had a good, meaningful church lesson. Monday, we watched a movie in my 6th hour. Tuesday I had to ask Corey for his address. Wednesday I had church service in the evening, Thursday was a normal day, and Friday I talked to Corey some more.

I was starting to think that Corey wasn't as bad as I thought, but there's still something a little off about him.

It was now Saturday, and I still had about two hours until I was going to head over to his house. I knew that my Dad wasn't going to let me go over to a boys house so I told him I was going to Camilla's house. My mom wasn't as strict as him so she didn't really care where I went as long as I knew it was safe.

But his house was far from safe.

***
The walk from my house wasn't far from Corey's. It took about 15 minutes. I arrived to the porch and rung the doorbell. I didn't see any cars in the driveway, I though that they maybe parked in the garage.

Corey answered the door and dragged me inside. "Hey." he said.

"Hey, so, are your parents here?" I said looking around. Not hearing any moment anywhere else in the house besides ours.

"No, they're at work. Is that okay?" he asked. I slowly nodded.

"Okay, C'mon. Let's get the project started." he said and ran upstairs. I followed him to, what I'm guessing, is his room.

He brought over 2 sheets of paper and a box of colored pencils. "You can sit down." he said.

I sat on the bed and said "So we should just do one habit at a time, what's your first one?"

"I don't really have any habits." he shrugged.

"That's a lie, you have to have at least one." I said.

"Okay well what are some examples?" he asked.

"Um." I thought. "Brushing your teeth in the morning, biting your fingernails, taking showers at night, eating breakfast." I stared naming off.

"Okay well I guess I'll go with brushing my teeth, because that's easy." he started writing down.

"Okay and now you have to draw lines and connect good or bad things to it. What's something good about brushing your teeth?" I asked.

"Good hygiene?" he unsurely said.

"Yeah, that's a good one." I shrugged

"What's your habit?" he asked.

"Probably saying 'bless you' after someone sneezes." I told him, and he laughed.

"What?" I asked, wondering why he was laughing.

"Nothing, it's just you sounded so proud of it." he laughed.

"Well I am, sorry I was raised right." I said defensively.

"So your Dads really a preacher?" he asked. I nodded my head confirming his question.

"Oh so you're a goody two-shoes?" he asked, rather rudely.

"No." I said

"Okay, then let's try something."

_________

oOOoooO

I really excited for the next chapter.

Sorry that his one was kinda short but that's okay.