"First off I want to congratulate everyone you all passed the exam and it's been my pleasure to teach you all." Iruka said to them all smiling, "I know that you all will make me proud and that you all should be proud of what you accomplished. Now then you'll be put into your four-man cells, three genins and a jonin instructor. I'll call out the team name, the genins that will be in it, your jonin instructors will pick you up soon."

Iruka started to read off the names as everyone waited to see where they would be place, he started with the Team One and moved on up through the teams. "Team 7 will be Sakura Haruno, Naruto Hatake and Sasuke Uchiha."

Sakura brightened up at that and who was on her team.

"What!? How come Sakura gets put on Sasuke-kun team?" Ino whined out loud.

"Ino the teams were placed as they were for a reason now sit down while I finish the teams off," Iruka said to the young girl. She eventually sat down pouting that she wasn't on the same team as her crush Sasuke although Sasuke was glad on hearing that, he wasn't sure he could take having someone like Ino who was always bothering him.

Sasuke gave a glance at his team, Sakura he wasn't sure of. To him he figured she was one of the less than annoying fan girls but still slightly annoying. Then there was Naruto the only person in school who had given him any type of challenge. It was strange since they fought a lot and yet he couldn't say that he hated the boy, sure he was loud, annoying and sometimes dense but he was also the only other student that Sasuke could measure his progress against. It was also irritating that Naruto was never too far behind him (at least in his eyes) and so Sasuke always had to push himself harder.

In a way Naruto was making him reach his goal of avenging his family faster but he wouldn't be outdone by him regardless he would surpass and leave Naruto behind since he still had to catch up to Itachi's level and then surpass him as well.

Naruto smiled at his team, sure he was on Sasuke's team but at least he was paired up with Sakura one of his friends and someone who he kind of liked as well. He was a bit sad that Hinata wasn't on his team, he would have traded Sasuke for her in a heartbeat but there was no changing it. He looked around and saw Hinata's face looking down slightly sad and he knew that she wanted to be on his team as well. He would go talk to her after everything was settled.

Iruka continued to call out names, "Team 8 will be Hinata Hyuga, Kiba Inuzuka and Shino Aburame."

"Cool this should be interesting eh Hinata?" Kiba asked the girl next to him.

She snapped out of her slight depression and gave him a small smile, "O-oh of course Kiba-kun."

Kiba sighed knowing that Hinata had a crush on Naruto and yet had done nothing about it, he once said to her that if she wanted to that he would tell Naruto that Hinata liked him but she had panicked and begged him not to. He couldn't say no to her, after all she was one of the nicest people he met and it would be like kicking a puppy to betray her so he stayed silent. He just wished that either Naruto would get a clue or Hinata would grow a spine.

He looked to Shino and the no so talkative boy nodded his head as he took knew what he was thinking about. Perhaps the both of them would be able to work on Hinata's confidence and get her to admit her feelings after all sure it was funny at first but catching her when she fainted all the time was getting to be annoying.

"Team 10 will be Choji Akimichi, Ino Yamanaka and Shikamaru Nara."

"Oh great not only am I not on the same team as Sasuke-kun I get paired up with the most lazy ass boy in the world and his sidekick," Ino whined resting her head on the table.

"Oh man what a drag to get her of all people," Shikamaru sighed in his seat behind the blonde, "As if I don't get enough nagging at home from my mom now I'll have to have it some more from her."