Chapter 16: "Wanting What's Mine"

Economy Class was a sight that was becoming all too familiar to Team Chris, much to their leader's dismay. Alejandro could tell his team was starting to grow accustomed to it as well. Even Miranda was getting pretty used to it, and he believed she specifically deserved much better than being stuck in a prison such as this. The Spaniard sighed, growing more frustrated by the second.

"Loser Class, again? Pathetic."

He was losing his patience with the team's lack of morale, so he stood up and turned to address them.

"Men, we must rise from the ashes and ignite the fires of victory!"

Duncan smirked tiredly. "I'm all for starting fires."

"The Amazons are only powerful because they have Courtney and Heather. We need to break them apart, but how?"

Owen rose his hand eagerly.

"Ooh, ooh, ooh! Act like you're crushing on Heather, and she'll go home, same as Bridgette and LeShawna!"

"Bridgette and LeShawna? I thought I was the only guy to snag double gold at the Babe Olympics. And let's not forget your other medal."

Duncan pointed to Miranda playing on her phone with a smug smirk on his face. Alejandro was already surprised to hear Owen's knowledge of his schemes, so Duncan's sly remark was enough to make Alejandro stumble on his words a bit.

"Eh... yes. I was... truly fond of both. Sadly, the fates were against us. I suppose I could attempt a false seduction. But, it goes against the gentleman's code."

"There's a code for that crud?" Duncan asked crudely as Miranda rolled her eyes.

"And if I seduce Heather, Courtney will remain unaffected. If only I could weaken both at once..."

Duncan scoffed, his confidence making Alejandro smirk.

"Easy! Heather's kind of into you, right? So, seduce Courtney."

Miranda looked up with widened eyes as she heard this. She did not like this idea in the slightest, but she couldn't put her finger on exactly why that was. She almost wanted to speak up and argue against this, but without a valid reason, she was restricted.

"Of course! If I flirt with Courtney, it will distract both of them from the game at hand. And one will surely vote the other out! Brilliant idea, Duncan!"

The delinquent nodded mischievously. Seeing as there was no way to argue back now, Miranda stood up and left to take a confessional. When she sat down, she hugged herself insecurely.

"...I don't like this idea...something about it...I mean, yeah, he's done this before, so many times. But, never of girls like Heather and Courtney. They just seem like, more...I don't know...his type.  But I can't talk him out of it, I owe him from Greece...! But...I'm not okay with this."

Chris's voice came over the intercom shortly after.

"All competitors, please move to the Common Area to prep for landing."

Miranda took a breath to stabilize her dread and discomfort before stepping out of the confessional. It was time to endure it, something she was arguably the best at.

Once everyone had arrived in the Common Area, Alejandro decided to put his plan into motion. He went over to the grumpy Courtney and gripped her arm, seriousness in his tone.

"Courtney, we need to talk."

She shook her head stubbornly, unwilling to hear what he had to say at first.

"Um, whatever Duncan said about me, it isn't true."

Alejandro let go of her arm, playing into her words.