Chapter 4: "Put A Leash On It"

Late at night, Economy Class was almost silent, except for quiet music blasting in Miranda's ears.  She was wide awake, typing into her smartphone.

Everyone else around her was asleep and she couldn't help but look around the room. She stood up from her bench and started quietly pacing around the room. In her head, she had a million thoughts speeding around.

What's next?

Who's going home?

Where are we going?

Anxiety filled her system, yet she knew this was the safest she was going to be able to get.
She still kept a watchful eye on Alejandro specifically, to make sure he wouldn't wake up and see her stress. He of all people didn't anything else to use against her.

She refused to fall asleep, it wouldn't make anything better for her now. So, she decided to sit in the confessional to vent, covering her face.

"Why is this happening right now?... I need to sleep...but I constantly feel like I'm being watched. Not just by cameras, but by all the teams. If I fuck up, I'll be targeted. I can't...I can't..."

Whether that clip made the final cut or not didn't matter at that moment. She turned on the sink and washed her face. The cold water hit her face, giving her chills for a second. She took a few deep breaths, looking in the mirror. She didn't like what she saw, making her even more stressed.

After a minute, she went out and back into Economy Class, looking the same as it did before. Miranda sat down, bit the bullet, and tried to fall asleep, with eventual success.

The next morning, Miranda was one of the last ones to wake up, hearing a conversation begin.

"Harold's num-yo? Where'd you find that?" DJ asked.

"Dang fool wanted me to have 'em." LeShawna smiled.

"I'm really sorry he's gone."

Miranda's eyes fluttered open when she heard Chris's voice.

"And, how is everyone back here? That is what I would ask if I cared. Coming through, make way." he walked through the room dismissively.

"Where are you taking us next? Can it please be someplace where there's no pinball of any kind?" LeShawna asked.

"Or pandas?" DJ shivered.

"Or candy fishtails," Noah muttered.

This woke Owen up. "Fishtails? Where?"

"Our next destination is everything you just asked for."

Miranda stretched, rolling her eyes. Her arm accidentally bumped against Alejandro's shoulder. She quickly pulled it away, making him chuckle.

"I'm sorry." she mumbled quietly.

"No worries. You slept quite late today."

She nodded, yawning. He didn't have to know when she fell asleep.

The plane suddenly began shaking, making everyone buckle in.

"We're gonna die!" Owen panicked.

Alejandro squeezed a certain spot on his shoulder to knock him out. Noah's seatbelt ended up ripping.

"Perfect."

The plane roughly landed in a very snowy environment, much to everyone's dismay.

"Welcome to the Yukon!" Chris chuckled.

Everyone was shivering helplessly.

"Um...hello? Where are our jackets?" Heather complained.

"Relax, I ordered coats for everyone. They won't be ready for weeks, but as soon as they arrive I'll be sure to hand them out."