Chapter 14: "Falling So Hard"

Start from the beginning

"No, the originated in-"

"Greece, they're right." Gwen nodded in agreement.

Chris read over the papers in his hands, his eyes narrowing with frustration as he scowled.

"Interns!"

Two interns ran up to him with fear plastered on their pathetic faces.

"Everyone should probably hold onto something, everyone except you."

The contestants quickly grabbed onto any part of the table they could as the plane suddenly shifted sharply to send the one intern flying out into the air. Once everything straightened out, Chris glared at the other intern, shoving the papers into his arms.

"You might wanna find some info on Greece...quickly! Greece, it is. Chef, slight change of plans." Chris walked back into the cockpit.

"Prepare yourself for battle!" Sierra growled confidently.

"Child's play, there's no way us athletes will lose an Olympic challenge to a team with no men." Alejandro chuckled cockily.

Cody sighed sadly, making Sierra glare even harsher. Heather walked over to Alejandro to potentially fuel his ego.

"Hope you look good in silver. I'm great in gold," she smirked proudly.

Alejandro rolled his eyes. "I'll be happy to lend you some of ours... since we'll have all of them."

With that, everyone went back to their respective compartments. Miranda didn't like where any of this was headed. She was the furthest thing from an athlete, contrary to Alejandro's declaration. She never played sports, and quite frankly, was not active in the slightest. She wanted to get in better shape, but she had no motivation to do so. Alejandro definitely overestimated her on this one. She was already stressed and angry at her stupidity, and now she was expected to do Olympic challenges, and completely embarrass herself?

"...Fuck off," She muttered to herself as she followed her team back into Economy Class.

Within a few hours, the plane landed in Greece, right next to the famous marble structure that started a lifelong tradition across the world.

"Welcome to the Acropolis in Athens, Greece! Home to many of the first Olympians. Who, as my intern has informed me, competed naked."

Owen sighed. "Alright. Time to drop the laundry."

He started undoing his belt, which made everyone, including Chris begin to panic.

"No, no, no, no! That was just a quirky fact! Not an order! There's no need to be a hundred percent accurate. Stay dressed. Very dressed. We only have to resort to nudity if there's a tie-breaker. Today, we're gonna do things a bit differently. Since Team Amazon is down a man and is an all-girl team, in order to make things fair all of today's challenges will be one on one matches. Every victory gets you a gold medal. The team with the most golds wins First Class tickets to our next destination. Second place wins a brutal elimination ceremony."

"And silver medals! Right? Second place gets silver?" Owen asked.

"There are no silver medals, just gold."

"But at the Olympics-"

"Just gold. That's it."

The first area the contestants were taken to was large and open but had the feeling of being quite confined due to all the columns boxing them in.

"Our first historical event is a Greecian scavenger hunt. The inside of the Odeum of Pericles is filled with maze-like rows of huge columns. Players must search through this ancient forest of columns and return with the Greecian treasure that awaits inside. First one to do so, takes the gold! So, who's going in?"