Chapter 2 - The Bet

Start from the beginning

"Is that so?" I whispered huskily into her ear and felt her inhale before she held her breath.

I took her chin between my thumb and forefinger, leaning forward almost touching our lips together. I could feel her warm breath against his neck. It was like fire on my skin. I quickly stepped away, leaving her there still pressed against the wall in apparent shock. I crossed the street to my truck. I needed to get out here.

I chuckled to myself glancing in the rear-view mirror observing her actions as I rolled away. She was stunned in place in the same position I held her. That was the most fun I've had in a while. Yes. My life had become dull save for working with the boys on my father's ranch. That woman had spunk, she was quite interesting actually.

It startling that I had lost the bet. The boys back at the ranch had been chatting one day about who could do the impossible. Get that woman, who I now knew as Reilly, to go out with them. I overheard and wanting in the bet. It was no secret that I could get any woman to go out with me. Or so I thought ... until Reilly. I had been so confident that I would win.

The prize? Well now that I had lost ... let's just say that I had to give up the keys for my brand new corvette. I shook my head in amusement.

It looked to me that I finally found something new and entertaining to channel my leisure into. Reilly. For a while now I've been searching for something interesting to keep me on my toes. And I believe I just found it.

Besides, she embarrassed me and as if I would let it end there. I was going to have fun with her. I could tell. Oh yes, I had a plan and by the time I was finished with Reilly, she would be begging me to go out with her.
Ladies loved charm and that was certainly one of my nicer attributes. I will go back to the diner tomorrow and turn up the heat.

Absentmindedly, I chuckled. I had to admit this was the most excitement I felt towards anything in a while. This was good. I'll have something else to do besides my chores at the ranch. It's about time.

The truck rolled unto the ranch and I immediately spotted my farmhands walking out from the stables. I put the gear into park before stepping out. By their looks they already knew I'd failed.

"It didn't work did it?" Aaron chuckled shaking his head in amusement and confirming my assumption. "I thought that no woman could resist Gerard Grant."

"Shut up!" I growled as the others chuckled. I fetched my key holding it at my fingertips, waiting for Colton to come and get it.

"Alright ... Colton." The others cheered. "Step right up and claim your prize."

Colton urged forward until he was a just few paces from me.

"Did Reilly really turn you down man?" He began hesitant to accept the keys to his new ride.

"Yip. You won the bet fair and square." I assured, dropping the car keys in his hand when he was finally ready to accept it.

"Man you're soaking wet," Jeb said between laughs. "What on earth happened to you?"

"Our girl threw Iced Tea in my face." I scowled while the other's nearly buckled in laughter.

"Wow ... I'll try my luck. Maybe what she wants is a man to keep her occupied." Carl smirked and the other's chuckled but I glowered at him.

Before long, one of my hands was pressed against Carl jacking him up against my truck. The atmosphere fell silence as his humor died.

"What. Did. You. Just. Say?" I urged, emphasizing every single word of my question as I applied more pressure to the man's chest.

"N-nothing boss," Carl spoke in barely a whisper.

I smiled before releasing him chuckling as though nothing had happened. I walked went by the other farmhands making my way towards the porch steps.

"I thought so," I said so only I could hear.

That waitress was my entertainment. No one else's as of a few hours ago and it may our may not come as a surprise but I didn't like to share. So as of late ... that girl was mine and mine alone.

--● END of Chap Two ● --

Hey awesome readers,

Sooo ... Gerard? Anyone gets him yet?

Anyway, it would be really awesome if you could leave comments in the bar below. Tell me what you think of BTC so far? Thank you for reading. Please VOTE and COMMENT if you liked it.

Thanks again.

- Love, hugs and kisses.

~S-v-C~