•Chapter seven•

"Love is a game of the heart, no one ever really wins, no one ever really looses" - ash.chi

I stared at his eyes wide in shock. it couldn't be.

And yet it is.

I shook My head in disbelief and eyed him carefully trying to put the two in two together. It just didn't make any sense.

"Why so shocked" he smirked and leaned back in his seat.

"B-but you...glasses... and tt-the.. braces"I was stuttering and I probably wasn't making any sense.

"I got my braces taken out and I wear contacts," he said proudly looking at me amused at my confusion.

"I understand that, but you were so... so"I tried to find the right words but I was scared I'd insult him, I mean seven years ago this  same guy was the nerd that everyone messed with and all of a sudden he looks like the type of person you wouldn't mess with, but then again we where all different to the people we where back then, but him he looked like a whole new person yet the same.

"Scrawny?" he said not looking the least offended by my implication and I nodded my head slowly, not knowing what to say.

"Well, you would be surprised, what a couple months of self-confidence training and gym can do," he said laughing as if it were nothing.

"You went to self-confidence training?"I asked.

", my mother was tired of having a wimp for a son who couldn't stand up for himself and taking over the family business comes with the intimidation, you don't see a wimpy kid in glasses running a company do you? "

I shook my head but still looked at him in amazement, but he was right if he were to take over his father's billion-dollar company he'd need to look intimidating or he'd be a step over and toyed with, which I found rather stupid.

"You're staring" he implied and smirked.

"This is just a lot to take in, "I said and sighed.

In the midst of trying to gather my thoughts my eyes wandered around the restaurant and landed on something or rather someone very unpleasant and the last person, I wanted to see.

Jake.

"It's not that much of a shock I mean it's been what-" he cut Himself of when he noticed I wasn't paying attention anymore but long looking further ahead of him. Konstantine furrowed his eyebrows and followed my gaze what I was staring at.

"Is that Jake Blakley?" he asked.

"Yes," I said but still looked at Jake as he was talking to the waiter probably looking for a place to sit, his eyes suddenly fell on me and I stopped breathing for a sec.

I hated how he still had that effect on me.

He smirked in my direction and dragged his fiancé whom id only just noticed standing behind him towards our table.

Matthew looked confused as to why Jake was coming in our direction whilst he stared at me questioningly.

Jake came closer towards our table fiancé in hand smiling brightly.

"We meet again what a pleasant surprise "he smiled.

"More like unpleasant"I mumbled underneath my breath.

His fiance who was hanging on his arm just shot daggers my way and clung tighter on Jakes' arm and I rolled my eyes.

"What do you want," I said bitterly.

"Don't be rude now just came here to say hi" and I yet again rolled my eyes.

Jake turned towards konstatine, and I swore I saw something in his eyes but it vanished just as quickly as it came.

"You must be Konstantine Knight  I presume, "Jake said and shook his hand firmly.

"Yes that's me," konstatine answered him, looking slightly annoyed.

"Well it was nice to bump into you, Skyler see you around " he gave a quick grim smile and walked off.

Bumping into him twice in a row now uh uh this ain't right.

After Jake left the man who still held my phone hostage turned to look at me questioningly asking a silent question about the encounter that just happened.

"He and I have a history...together" I spoke looking down at my now empty glass.

"History" he scoffed, he wasn't buying my bullshit.

"Yes, history," said looking up at him wanting him not to press the matter.

"Care to elaborate?"

"I don't have to explain anything to you, "I said a bit harshly.

"Can I have my phone now?" I said irritated.

"Sure" he muttered and handed me my phone back.

"Thanks," I said and got up to walk out until I heard him say, "you know I think we are gonna be saying more of  each other"

I turned back for a moment and said, " I highly doubt that" to which he just smirked.

And I kept on walking.