•chapter four•

"We all have that one friend we'd like to kill and strangle, but appreciate them to too much to even try "-unknown

~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When I had said Em was gonna get, it was no joke.

"Wait! I didn't know sky stop!" My dear best friend yelped as I tackled her to the ground.

I did warn her, more than a minute was spent with Jake.

"Oh, right you were too busy sucking Bradley's face off to notice "I grabbed the nearest pillow and hit her with it.

"To be fair I was pretty wasted too"I slowly got off her and gave her a hand up with I retreated as soon as she reached up to grab it to which she rolled her eyes at my childishness and helped herself up.

"Mmmhhh", I plopped myself on the couch and started scrolling through the television.

"And don't think I didn't notice that shirt and pair of boxers in the laundry "she raised an eyebrow with a playful smirk on her lips.

"What, I have no idea what you're talking about "I shook my head.

"Don't play coy with me, Marie"

"Fine I was a bit drunkenly occupied last night but nothing happened I passed out before it even got that far, you happy now?" she nodded her head in satisfaction.

"Aww girl, I thought you had Finally got so-" she was cut off by the doorbell ringing and gave me a look of confusion. We weren't expecting any guests.

I walked over to the door and opened it to be met with an impatient Rodney.

"You have some explaining to do Missie," he said sternly and entered the apartment and headed right to the lounge, me following right behind him.

"Okay, what do I have to explain how"I sighed raising my hands up.

"I called you about a thousand times last night and this morning but you wouldn't pick up you're a phone! " he yelled.

"My phone must've been off, and aren't you supposed to be at work," I said eyeing his get-up, he wore a blue tailored suit with his signature bow-tie.

Rodney worked for my mother's fashion company; Marie Designs  Co. as a fashion consultant/designer.

I am the heir to the company and the vice president of the company, and I had weeks my butt off to get that position. After the whole divorce thing, I engrossed myself in work and didn't go out as much as I used to as it was easier to bury myself in work than face the reality of what I was going through.

"You need a break from work, you've become a complete workaholic and it's no good for you!" My mother would always say. 

"At least, I'm not an alcoholic ma, I just need something to keep me occupied and work is doing that for me!"I'd complain back.

She let it slide though, but after a few months I was still overworking myself and was constantly tired and my health was getting the best if me and my mom got sick of it, she eventually called my father opting for him to talk some 'sense' into me, and surprisingly it worked, only because I had always been a daddy's girl.

My mother, therefore, claimed that I was being put on a work break until I got my shit together which meant I wasn't allowed to work for six months which I tried to fight...but obviously lost.

"The meeting this morning got canceled, damn those fuckers, I could have slept in" he groaned and threw himself on the couch. Whilst Em went to go make breakfast.

I went up to my room to search for my phone but it wasn't there, I checked in my bag, my purse, everywhere and I couldn't find it.

"Emy!"

"Yup!"

"Have you seen my phone?!"I yelled down while rummaging through my stuff.

"No!" she yelled back.

I ran downstairs and sighed in frustration.
"Are you sure you haven't seen it?"I asked her one more time and she shook her head.

"You could use my phone to call it"Rodney offered and took his golden iPhone and handed to Me.

I quickly dialed the number and put the phone to my ears waiting for it to the ring and the person on the other line to answer.

"Hello? "A familiar voice that sent shivers down my spine answered.

Shit, I must have left my phone at his place when I was in a hurry to leave.

~~~~~~~~~

^____^
☺☺
Vote
Comment
Love
Share
Follow