•Chapter Two•

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My heart started beating rapidly and at that moment I just wanted to disappear.

So much for staying out of the clear.

I looked at Rodney for help but he looked just about as clueless as I did, 2ich was no help at all.

Jake slowly made it up to the bar, fiancé in hand looking like the perfect couple, and I couldn't help but feel jealous.

that's how we used to be

I slowly turned around in my seat my back facing towards them.

Maybe he won't notice me.

"Hey, can we get one strawberry vodka and a Scotch please?"

That voice. That voice I hadn't heard in a long time, that voice that used to fill butterfly's in my stomach and warm my heart, that same voice I grew to love and hate.

That same voice that broke my heart.

They stood a few feet from where Rodney and I sat and could hear them whispering and her annoying giggling as they told each other how much they loved each other.

And suddenly I couldn't stand to be there and I had, had enough and stood up to leave Rodney in tow not until...

"Skylar?" I heard him call from behind me, I quickly muttered a 'shit' and turned around slowly.

I turned around slowly and for the first time in twelve months I was met with the familiar green eyes, I used to adore, and all the pain and hurt returned.

I stood frozen as I made eye contact with him.

Emery is so gonna get it.

" Jake " Rodney spoke first glaring daggers at Jake and I let out a sigh of relief and I mentally thanked him.

" Rodney, I  didn't know that you'd be here," he said surprised as his eyes trailed from me slowly and made their way up to him.

"Well I'm here", It came out a bit harsh, but I didn't blame Rodney he is practically the head of the Jake Blakley's hate club.

"Skylar I didn't expect you to show up ", he drew his attention towards me.

"Well I'm only here by association - to Em", it came out bitter as much as I missed him I hated him.

"No need to be harsh sky ", he said pulling her closer and kissing her forehead.

"Don't call me sky either Jake", I wanted to hit him so hard the smirk he wore would be floating up his ass.

"Am I missing something here!" she, screeched out, totally clueless of the entire situation.

He didn't tell her.

But honestly she should have known, I mean getting divorced from a millionaire really isn't something the media would want to miss, it's either that or she's just plain stupid. I really had no reason to hate her yet
But I couldn't help I felt.

"You didn't tell her?"I asked a smirk playing on my lips.

"Tell me what?" she looked at Jake for reassurance and Rodney chuckled beside me.

"Um....I-she....is um my" he stumbled over his words and I shook my head in utter disbelief.

He really didn't tell her.

"I'll spare you the details sweetheart, you aren't his first commitment", I loved it when Rodney got sassy.

"Commitment?" she looked shocked and gave Jake a look, and commanded him to explain as I watched in amusement.

"Brianna, this......this is my... wife"

so the name is Brianna?

"Wife?"

"Ex-wife, I mean ex-wife" he corrected himself quickly and she nodded her head and gave him another look as if saying 'we'll discuss this later'.

"Here's your drinks Sir, ma'am" the bartender handed them their drinks and they left but not before Jake gave me one last look filled with regret and guilt.

"Well that was pleasant "Rodney sighed and sat back down.

"Rodney?"

"Yup"

"Order me some shots"

This was gonna be a long night, and I was not inclined to go through it sober.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The second of the second chappie I hope you enjoy it
Vote
Comment
Follow
Share

-cupcake