•chapter three•

"I wanna be drunk when I wake up on the right side of the wrong bed"-drunk, Ed Sheeran

~~~~~~~~~~

I've never been more drunk.

Shot after shot after shot.

My mind was now a blur and my body became dysfunctional, which meant there was a high possibility I'd be someone else's one-night stand and I'd be left to do the walk of shame relentlessly.

Rodney had left a while long ago claiming he had to be at work first thing in the morning and Emery was swapping spit with Bradley which left me alone to drown my sorrows with alcohol.

To no surprise, the party had gone from fancy and sophisticated to upbeat and sexual, from waltzing to grinding all in a matter of twenty minutes and for the first time tonight it actually felt like a proper club.

Bradley's parents must have left the building.

I was about to take another shot, to be honest, I had lost count at seven when I got interrupted.

"Skylar, you shouldn't be drinking that much"I turned around to be met with jerkular Jake.

My drunk self did tend to come up with the shittiest nicknames.

"Yes, father" I giggled slightly and shook my head.

"Sky doesn't be like that," he said and took a seat next to me.

"Be like what, I'm not being.... l-like anything" I put my lips in a pout and slowly giggled afterward.

"Your drunk"Mr jerk stated.

"No, I'm not! you leave me alone!" I cried out, stumbling away.

"Skylar" when Jake grabbed my hand and my face and forced me to look at him.

I missed his touch.

"You're very handsome" I slurred, the sober me would probably be ashamed of drunk me right know.

"And you're beautiful" what? but I was too drunk to think so I giggled.

"Why did you leave me "I started to get emotional, "why did you cheat I loved you, you bastard!"

Drunk me is also bipolar.

"I'm the sorry sky, I love you too" he whispered looking regretful and guilty, he gave me one last look and disappeared into the dancing crowd leaving me completely confused in my drunken state.

The music got louder and louder as I convinced the bartender to give me another drink after he had suggested I'd had too much to drink fortunately he caved and poured me another round of shots.

I was tired of the pain, the heartache and being miserable.

One shot.

The one guy I truly loved cheated on me numerous times and is now engaged to that woman.

Another shot.

They say love is like a dangerous, evil and untrusting mosquito that sucks the life out of us and the thing that sucks is you don't get to choose when the pain stops just like being stung by a bee.

And man did I get stung.

Final shot.

I grabbed my bag and undid my hair so now it was lost and the strands fell on my back, I  removed my heels and held them in my hands as I made my way through the sweaty bodies and I grabbed the nearest guy and made a toll for the exit.