Chapter Forty One: Dear

Queen Renée's POV
The whirring of the helicopter is the only sound that can be heard. Reli is seated next to me but it may as well feel like the icy slopes of Saine Neane are in Carperia. He's serious and he's quiet. There's zero eye contact. It hurts not to have him look at me. How can such a simple thing hurt? My hand is itching to touch him but I can't seem to unfold it. I crave for his love and attention like the air I breathe.

You would think that after winning a war, the man would be more excited. He's not. He put on a show for the crowds and fir a great photo session but after, he switched back to this blank man. We left the subjects of Daa Haan celebrating with the navy assisting in clean up and rehabilitation. We have an anniversary to attend in Carperia. It's after all the anniversary of Dargan's death. This day is long from over and by the time it is over, I will freeze over from his icy nature.

We have changed our clothes. We don't even look like the same people at the battle front. He's dressed in his official ceremonial military uniform which is white in color with gold binding around the mandarin collar. It has gold buttons and an emerald sash over his left shoulder. His medals of honor befitting his rank as the highest military authority in CN hang on the left side too just below his shoulder. He has white gloves, white pants and white shoes. He looks so clean I don't think he will be holding Rehan today; assuming his little hand has been in a jar of jam. I'm wearing... a dress. It's a simple floral dress that's just short enough but he isn't looking at my thighs like he usually would.

He's mad at me.

"Can we get past it? If we are going to be on camera, shouldn't we at least look at each other if not speak to each other dear husband?"

I felt his sharp side glare on me. He has such merciless eyes. "Dear wife, I'm not in the mood to look at you or talk to you. Kindly leave me alone."

At this point Stephen and Barlowe are feeling awkward. I think they would rather we have sex in front of them than listening to us disagree because we tend to drag them into it. They are expected to take sides.

"Well dear husband, if you wish to be alone, maybe you should move to the moon and stay there alone."

"Dear wife, if you don't stop talking to me, I'll ship you to the moon and you can stay there alone."

"Stephen, would you talk to your pregnant wife that way?"

"Your majesty, I have never been married. I wouldn't know."

"Hypothetically, if you were married, would you ship your pregnant wife to the moon?"

He looked at Reli who is waiting for Stephen to respond. Stephen looked at Barlowe. "Barlowe, hypothetically speaking, if you were married, would you send your pregnant wife to the moon?"

"Hypothetically speaking, no. I wouldn't send my pregnant wife to the moon. Hypothetically speaking, the king wouldn't send his pregnant wife to the moon. Right your majesty?" Barlowe looked at Reli

Reli smiled at Barlowe. He finally looked at me. "On a serious note Renée, I'm upset with you. So refrain from trying to make conversation with me. You're only pissing me off more."

He took off his headphones and dawned the white hat. As soon as the helicopter landed, he got out and Stephen followed quickly. I sat still for a moment even when everyone disembarked. Is he serious?

"You are pregnant." Barlowe noted. He came to Daa Haan because QM was freaking out. "Renée, why would you accompany him if you knew you were pregnant?"

"I don't want to talk about this."

"And what devil possessed you to go to the front lines with him?"

"I don't know." I looked down. "He's really pissed."