Chapter Thirty Nine: The Women

Adair's POV
Everyone is in a hurry to leave.

They have panicked and are abandoning their responsibilities and duties to save their useless lives. Some of them are surrendering to the CNAF. Guns have proved to be futile against Reli's foot soldiers.  I have no way to speak to my men at sea or even the ones here at the Rose Palace because there is simply no way to communicate but through word of mouth. I'm in the dark. They plunged me into the dark.

My security detail is accompanying Della and I to the bunker because of how close Reli is to taking the palace. We will stay in hiding until Reli's forces are neutralized. But even I understand that I have lost this war. The most I can do is escape Daa Haan.

"Adair!" I heard a voice. It's a familiar voice. I stopped and turned to see the goddess herself in gold armor. She took off her gold helmet reminding me of how beautiful she is. My heart instantly picked up the pace.

"Renée."

If I take her into the bunker with me, I will subdue her. She will have no where to run. By the time Reli gets to her she will be properly broken in. She can be my hostage,my ticket out of here.

"Stop running and face me!"

"Adair we don't have time for-" I raised my hand to silence Della.

"I'm not running. Why don't you come to daddy little princess? Come to daddy." I dared her to come close.

I did not expect it when a knife flew in my direction from the other side. It moved swiftly past the side of my head. It's Nilsa!

"Adair!" She screamed. "You and I have unfinished business!"

Devil! She almost took out my eye!

We hurried away despite her pursuit, guns shooting at us. We got into the bunker and the door locked. Two bodyguards, Della and I.

"You would have gotten us killed!" Della screamed at me. "What is your obsession with Renée?"

"She has me by the balls." I groaned. "Damn girl!"

Queen Renée's POV
I left Reli's side despite his instructions that I stay put. I saw an opportunity to get into the Rose Palace and I took it. He's out there fighting alongside his soldiers.

We have been at it for four hours. It's 4am in the morning and we are yet to claim victory.

The coward is getting away. I can see him hurrying in the safety of four bodyguards and treacherous Della is with him.

"Adair!" I called out to him.

He stopped an turned around to face me.

"Renée."

"Stop running and face me!" I mastered courage to challenge the man.

"Adair we don't have time for-" He raised his hand to silence Della.

"I'm not running. Why don't you come to daddy princess? Come to daddy."

There are only two men in my life I'll call daddy. Reli and of course my father. 

I was just about to take him up on his offer when Nilsa glided her way through the dimly lit hallway and threw a knife that went past his face missing him by mere inches.

"Adair!" She screamed. "We have unfinished business."

It looks like we both have a bone to pick with the bastard. We took off to a run for the bunker but the steel doors closed before we could reach it. The two men left outside quickly kneeled and out their weapons down. They got arrested by tow of the men with Stephen.