"Christian, you just strangled him. Give him time to breath. I would like to know why he's here too." I glare at him.

He only huffs and continues glaring at Jonah who looks ready to pass out any moment, the rage in his eyes barely concealed.

"Why are you here Jonah?" I ask.

"I'm here because she sent me."

"Who sent you?" I ask, perplexed.

"Olivia."

"Who?" I'm even more confused.

Both are quiet and I'm about to ask again when Christian replies.

"Olivia, my sister."

My mouth drops.

"Your sister? But you said she was kidnapped?"

"Yes, kidnapped by Exus and Anabelle." His eyes ablaze with rage.

"But why?"

Why would Exus kidnap Olivia? Why would they do that? What would they benefit from kidnapping her?

"Why did she send you here?" He completely ignores me.

Christian does not sound angry anymore. Just completely empty and almost numb.

"She sent me for you." Jonah ignores him, his eyes darting to the walls.

Christian fury returns with a vengeance and before I can stop or react, he throws a precise punch to Jonah's cheek.

"And you left her there? You left her and came here on your own!?" He rages.

"No, I couldn't bring her! It was impossible! I barely made it here myself." Jonah yells back, frustration finally chipping into his voice.

"Still, you haven't told me why you have the ring on you! Why did my sister send you?" Christian growls, fixing a freezing glare on Jonah.

"She sent me to you, sir. Christian, her brother. She told me the ring will lead me to you." Jonah explains, "She wants you to come for her. Exus has her locked up in the darkest and furthest prisons in the pack. To get there you need to be part of the pack because it is almost at the heart of the pack." Jonah sounds almost mad himself.

"No no no no." Christian runs his hand through his hair, a defeated look flashing through his eyes.

It can't be that bad, right? Exus' image flashes through my eyes and I cringe. Yes, it can be that bad.

"I should have done all I could. I should have stopped it from happening." He mutters as he paces through the room. Mumbled and incomprehensible words tumble through his lips as he wears the floor with his pacing.

"How is she? How is she doing? Is she hurt? Of course she is. Exus wouldn't be that kind." He lets out a humorless chuckle, eyes concentrated on Jonah who shakes his head in anger.

I focus my eyes on Jonah whose eyes are drilling the floor, his hands clench tightly. He looks almost in pain too.

"I am not allowed into the lower cells. I went there for the first time and it wasn't a good sight. She was . . hurt and too thin. Her cheeks looked so sunken and her hair matted and her body had. . .bruises, healed and fresh." Jonah whimpers.

I immediately realize she must mean something more to him than he is letting on. He did not just come here from wherever Wolf Creek Pack is just to meet Christian. Just to look for a random shewolf's brother. The only other reason he'd show up is if. . .

"She's your mate."

Jonah's eyes widen so much as they meet mine it almost looks funny. Christian's pacing suddenly stops and before I stop him, he's already standing next to Jonah grabbing him by his neck. Again.

"Can you please stop trying to strangle me." Jonah chokes out.

"You're my sister's mate and you let her stay there!? Do you even care for her!? Are you even worried about her!? You should have stayed with her! You shouldn't have left her with Exus!" Christian screams, the surge of power returning ten times stronger. Jonah has no choice but to submit to the power he holds as an alpha. I could feel the itching need to do it myself but I resist as much I can.

He's an alpha.

"You're an alpha." Jonah voices it out, eyes still trained on the floor.

Christian immediately lets go of Jonah's neck, the aura completely disappearing leaving the barely there scent I'm used on him.

"You're an an alpha?" I question, staring at Christian expectantly for the grand revelation.

"Yes."

"And how do you know Jonah?" The question I've been dying to know.

"I don't,"

My eyes widen.

"So you attacked him for absolutely no reason?"

"I know Exus and the pack. He's beta of Wolf Creek. He's the enemy." Christian explains.

I'm from that pack too as much as I hate it. So I'm also the enemy?

"I don't follow." Jonah, who finally regains his breath, ask as he gets up from the floor.

Kidnapped by Exus and Anabelle.

"Why did Exus and Anabelle kidnap Olivia?"

"Because Exus attacked my pack, Night Star."

I'm too stunned to speak.

Hello!

How are you lovely people!

This was definitely not where I wanted it to end but it is what it is.

What are your thoughts, I'd definitely love to hear from you.

Vote. Comment. Share.