12. Cold eyes

****************
Radisson hotel
Chennai
****************
Notorious breeze brushes my bare skin
Victorious smirk of yours appear akin
I shut my eye hoping to erase
Only to feel the solace of your embrace
I am fighting a lost battle
Carrying a broken heart
bruised mind and crushed soul
Time may falt...........

Shriya sat on the corner seat against the glass wall as she wrote the above lines and halted as she felt it was pointless to scratch her own wounds. She tore the paper and threw it agitated. The empty seat opposite her often was a mirror of her lonliness. She glanced around the place as she saw many people either with their business associates or with families. There were also couples talking and romancing.

Her freshly brewed Kumbakonam Coffee arrived and she flared her nostrils taking in the aroma. These are the few times when she felt alive. She was sipping the hot liquid when she felt a tug on her saree. When she looked around agitated she found a tiny pair of hands and another tiny pair of agitated eyes.

A smile formed on Shriya's face despite the shock that covered her eyes. It was her Shirav and Reya right before her all tall and grown up. Well! not at all tall, but standing on their feet. She was extremely proud that they have grown up and are standing and walking.

Her thoughts were broken when Reya glared and said "Don't you know that you are supposed to throw waste in dustbin?" Shirav put a finger on his lips gesturing Reya to not shout. He immediately held his ears and looked at Shriya as an apologetic gesture for his sister's behavior.

Shriya's vison blurred with unshed tears in her eyes as she questioned "Guilty as charged. What is my punishment?" Reya's face lit up and gestured Shirav to lend his ear with her tiny palms. Shrirav obliged like the good brother that he is. They both spoke in each other's ears for a good five minutes and Reya announced with her head held high "You can leave the paper and forget about it if you treat me with chocolate ice cream and Shirav with butterscotch".

Shriya was perplexed by her daughter's demanding nature. She thought it was all Raghav's doing and he has spoiled her beyond words could express. She folded her arms and spoke sternly to the little girl "You are not supposed to go and demand anything from strangers".

Shriya felt anxious thinking about how her daughter is over pampered and could land herself in trouble. Also, the girl was influencing Shirav to oblige to her whims and fancies. The little girl was not to be blamed. Shriya was feeling guilty and took the blame on herself.

Reya pouted her lips and was on the verge of breaking down as nobody ever spoke to her in that tone. She was always pampered. The times when her father shouted, it was never directed to her. He would snap on all of them or particularly at Arihaan. She was never on the bearing end alone.

Reya bent her head holding her frock in her two tiny hands in disappointment. Shriya felt a tug in her heart and bent down to her level and said "Look baby! People around can be bad. You are not supposed to talk to strangers or eat anything they offer. You should become a strong and smart girl".

Reya looked up with blurry vision and saw Shriya's features for the first time closely. Reya loved the pink lipstick and wanted to ask her if she can wear it too. But then she was reminded of whatever Shriya spoke and chose to remain silent. Shirav looked at Reya and said "Say sorry". Reya obliged for the first time to her brother and said "Sorry Aunty".

"Why are you apologizing princess! You don't need to" roared a voice. Shriya stood up as a response. It's been almost an year she heard his voice. As she looked at him she realized he looked as stunning as ever dressed to perfection. He wore his dark blue blazer over a white shirt and beige trousers.

Their eyes met for the first time after about sixteen months. Shriya averted her gaze and looked down when she saw nothing but anger and detest in his eyes. They were separated before and had arguments and fights but there was always a trace of love for her in his eyes. Today it seems to have gone completely.

Raghav quickly held hands of both Shirav and Reya. He said to both his kids looking at Shriya "A.U.N.T.Y is right kids. You should not talk to S.T.R.A.N.G.E.R.S. You shouldn't have disturbed her. See you have wasted her precious time. She could have a brother to take care of or a political party to be handled. Her time is precious! You both have just ruined it".

Shirav and Reya kept looking at both of them. Shirav saw that Shriya was getting uncomfortable and he held her hand with his tiny hand. Raghav quickly pulled his hand and said "No Berry! You don't get to intrude into a stranger's private space. You aren't supposed to cause inconvenience".

Shriya was about to say something when Raghav gestured her to keep quiet showing his hand. He said to the kids "Zoro is waiting with new toys for you both in his room". The kids ran towards the elevator.

Shriya's heart warmed on the mention of her first child. She was desperate to get a glimpse of him. She knew Raghav would never allow it. She calmed her breath by chanting in her mind "all in time".

Raghav trained his gaze on her once again giving her complete attention as the children left. He spoke in a low and stern voice "I sent you a copy of the signed divorce papers. Since I had this opportunity to meet you in person, I will get another copy ready and give it to you by tommorow".

Shriya looked at him with emotionless eyes as he continued staring into hers with his cold eyes. The tension was thick in the air. Raghav started observing her. She looked the same except for her eyes had slight dark circles and she seemed to have lost weight. Clad in white Salwar kameez and beige duppatta, she looked beautiful and lost.

If they both would have been in good terms, he would have smothered her with kisses and held her in his arms. He would make sure all her attention was on him and she never looked lost. Shriya saw him checking her out and suddenly felt conscious about her looks. She doesn't remember the last time she pampered herself and dressed up.

A bitter thought crossed her mind.  This is her husband checking her out. He had all the rights but maybe these rights will cease to exist after a day or two.

She inhaled a sharp breath when he was done and ready to leave. "I want the custody of the children" she spoke in a serious tone. He turned back and looked at her saying "Try your luck" and left without giving a glance.

His voice held authority, power and challenge maybe. She might have not said a word but her determined eyes were trained in him as if accepting the challenge.

********************
A/N:
Hi peeps!
I know you all must have waited for this. I couldn't update as I am having too many deadlines.

Apologies once again.

Do let me know how did you like this chapter.

What went wrong between Raghav and Shriya?

Any guesses?

Love
❤❤