~ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 ~

My phone kept beeping as I attempted to ring my brother but had no success. He was so much like my father, he couldn't handle such situations without having to get away. In a way I guess I was similar too. Jeongin was driving forward as the dark sky passed through us.

"Is your brother answering your texts?" He asked me focusing his eyes on the straight road in front of us.

"Nothing. He's either looking for dad or blowing off some steam. I wish he's just let me know he was okay."

"He'll be okay, there isn't anything we can do right now other than wait. In the morning we can try finding him."

I agreed realising it was the most sensible option. It was almost 12am and Mingi was smart, I knew he was. If we went looking for him now, it would only put Jeongin and I in danger of reckless drivers at this time of night.

We made it to Jeongin's place once again and I grabbed my bag off the back seat, entering in after him.

"I think I just want to head straight to sleep." I muttered quietly. "It will help me forget about everything that happened just for a night.

Jeongin pulled me unexpectedly into a warm embrace and I felt his shoulder muscles relax around my hands.
"Although our relationship was at first based on lust..." he whispered "I'm glad I could see it was healthy to try again to care for someone truly. Even if it's only been not long at all. Don't hurt too much, like I did when my parents divorced. I shut myself away from everyone, isolating with only anger building up within me."

"I promise to never leave you Jeongin." I whispered feeling the warmth of his body radiating off mine.

"Make sure you rest well." He kissed my forehead and got me out a duvet from his downstairs cupboard.
"You can sleep in the spare room if you would like your own space."

"Thanks so much Jeongin, I don't know what I'd have done without you tonight."

I took the blanket and went upstairs to brush my teeth and I changed into some night clothes I'd brought with me in my bag and walked into the second door upstairs that I hadn't yet been in.

It had the same colour scheme as the rest of the house and fitted in well with the style. When I'd gotten under the covers I felt the comfort of the warmth surrounding me. Even though I was sleeping in a double bed by myself, being in Jeongin's house made me feel comforted and not alone which allowed me to drop to sleep without thinking too much about my family.

————————

I awoke in the morning to a desperate knock on Jeongin's front door. After a few seconds I heard it open as I imagined Jeongin opening it.

"Is Y/n here?" I heard faint voices from below me and I strained to try and continue listening.

"She's upstairs still sleeping, did you want to wait in here?"

After that I heard the door shut and I finally opened my eyes letting the light fill them. I got changed into some clothes and made sure to fold up Jeongin's sister's old clothes. After I'd gotten myself ready, I walked down the stairs continuing into the living room. Sitting there was Mingi, and Jeongin was cooking breakfast in his connected open plan kitchen.

"Mingi you're okay." I quickly moved to sit by him hugging him. "Did you find dad?"

"No, after a while I ended up going back home, mom wasn't there anymore either, she'd probably decided to leave a day earlier since we had all left."

"Of course she did. I hate that this happened."

"Me too." He let me snuggle to his arm and I was happy for the comfort of my brother.

"I'm guessing you gathered now that me and Jeongin are dating again."

He nodded and sighed.
"As long as he doesn't hurt you again, I've gave him enough punches, surprised I've never broken his braces."

I laughed a little when Jeongin walked in holding plates out to us.
"This looks so good, you're such a good cook." I complemented him and he smiled grabbing his own now too.
"At least we don't have to go find Mingi now." Jeongin said as we started eating.

"Mm that's true, we can have breakfast now."

"Jeongin, I was meant to ask you actually, when are you getting your braces off?" I asked him and he seemed surprised by my question.

"It's got to be another 6 months at least. I can't wait to get these things off."

"I think they are really cute." He raised an eyebrow at me and I giggled. "Come on Jeongin, cute is a good thing okay."

"I know, I know." he smiled "I just thought it would make people assume I was still a child."

"Who cares, as long as I don't." I playfully said and he smiled back.

——————————-

Over the weekend I moved back to my house with Mingi and we kept trying to get in contact with our dad but it wasn't any use. We just knew he'd come back when he was ready.

"You have your singing test today right?" Mingi called to me as I walked out the bathroom with my toothbrush in my mouth.

"Mmm." I mumbled as I finished off brushing them. I'd washed my hair and face and put on a college outfit. Already the nerves were settling in my stomach, more because of the fear of Felix not turning up again. But I was sure he'd be there this time.

Thankfully, I got to college early and I stood in the main outside grounds clutching my phone texting Chaeyoung.

"Y/n?"
I turned around and Hyunjin who was wearing a casual outfit now stood there walking up to me.

"Not you again." I muttered quietly. "You go to this college?" I asked him once he'd gotten close enough.

"Yeah, I almost didn't recognise you but I noticed the bag you were carrying."

"Well I should get off, I have an exam first lesson."

I went to leave but his hand wrapped around my wrist pulling me back to face him.

"Wait, I was going to ask if you wanted my number."

"Did I make that much of an impression? I thought my entire vibes that party was, leave me alone."

"I like girls who are a challenge to get, it's exhilarating."

"This isn't to make you more attracted to me but, I don't want your number, sorry." I tried to walk off again but he repeated the same thing.

"This is getting tiring, Hyunjin, I have a boyfriend okay?"

Just then I saw Jeongin in the corner of my eye look at Hyunjin's arm which was still attached to my wrist. Other students were ignoring us at the moment until Jeongin walked right up to Hyunjin grabbing his hand off my arm. My eyes widened to see his clenched fist hit Hyunjin clean across the face causing Hyunjin to hold his nose in pain.
"Jeongin!"

"Leave my girlfriend alone from now on Hyunjin, you have no right to speak to her, you already ruined one of my relationships i won't let you take another from me. Now stay the f*** away."

A/n: Next chapter should be out on Sunday!! Thank you 🫶🏼🫶🏼🫶🏼