~ 𝘁𝘄𝗲𝗻𝘁𝘆 𝘀𝗲𝘃𝗲𝗻 ~

Near the east side of the city, there was a restaurant which looked across a beautiful stone blue river. Jeongin had parked the car outside it's modernised entrance and I paused momentarily to take it all in.

"How have I never stumbled across this beauty before."

Once I'd left the car I heard the car keys beep to say it was locked and hand in hand we walked through taking in the pleasant aroma of many different types of food, all at once.

"Could I have your name sir." The woman behind the stand near the entrance asked us.

"My booking should be under Yang Jeongin."

"Oh yes, right this way."

She led us deep through almost passing every table that was lay out around us. Then that's when I saw the prettiest view I'd seen in a long time.

"Jeongin, did you purposely book this table?"

He didn't say anything but gave me that cute smile I was still getting used to.
"I may have done." He whispered quietly as we took a seat on the quiet table for two near the back of the entrance. From the tall glass which acted as walls I could see the entire river flowing past. Gentle beams of evening sun were reflecting off it as I watched the sun turning the gorgeous colours while it began to set. Some of the light shone through the glass reflecting off an empty wine glass which was placed on the table. I noticed that it perfectly lit up Jeongin's pretty face and instead of looking anymore at the calm river I turned to admire his handsome angelic features.

This was what I called a date. Today was our first proper date and it made me excited for the future.

"What are you thinking about?" He asked me as we rested in a comfortable eye lock which sent butterflies down my stomach.

"I'm thinking about how perfect all of this is."

Gently, his lips naturally curled up and he adjusted his collar a little bit as he sat up straight.
"Have a look at the menu, they do some really nice options here." He passed over a posh brown book like menu and I noticed that just the drinks had two whole pages dedicated to it; there must be thousands of food pages.

"You're right, spoilt for choice."

"I'd always get the same thing when I came here since the last time I'd taken my sister." I lowered the menu so I could once again see his face which was now staring out the glass. "She used to get so excited to come here with me."

My hand instinctively moved over the top of his and he turned it over so he could enclose his fingers in mine. "This must be such a special place to you." I finally said and looked back down at the menu.

"What food do you want, and I think I'm ready to choose something different. It's taken many visits but it's became a happy memory rather than a sad memory of her."

"You're so brave Jeongin. Much braver than me."

He shook his head but soon smiled at me.
"Whatever you have, I'll order two of it."

"I'll have some jajangmyeon then." I watched his reaction and he quickly called a waiter over doing as he said, while adding a couple of drinks.

——————————

Before the sun had fully set, we left the restaurant and I realised how truly amazing today had been. There hadn't been a single awkward moment and he had even let me into a little more of his life. We got to my house and I saw the lights on in the window and a couple of figures. Mingi had company?

"Who could that be?" I asked out-loud and Jeongin turned off the engine as he got out, walking up to the door. He pushed it open and I noticed him then stand very still.

I looked over his shoulder and I saw the faces of my parents looking confused at Jeongin. My parents were finally home then.

"Mom." I said quietly while moving in line with Jeongin.

"Honey, we have some... news."

————————
Jeongin's pov
I looked quickly around at the situation in front of me, papers filling the table, a ripped up photo, spilt drink on the floor and sets of keys in a pile. This was almost identical to my parents the night that it all went wrong. I could be mistaken but I felt like the news that Y/n was about to hear wasn't going to be good news.

"Wait." I called out impulsively. "Shouldn't you wait for your son to be here too."
They looked at one another and then at me.

"Do I know you?" Her mom asked me and I remained silent.

"Mom... are you and dad... ending it?" Y/n's voice wasn't the same as it was moments earlier and she pushed past them picking up the top sheet of paper her eyes studying it tearily. This is what I was so afraid of. Divorce. Relationships were almost always so fragile. It had wrecked my family like it had wrecked millions of others.

"Y/n." I tried to grab her hand again but she took it quickly out again to remain holding the paper.

"So it's true, you didn't come back to surprise us, you came back to split our family up."

"Y/n, it's for the best. I'm leaving in the morning but you can come visit me weekly."

"I don't want to have to visit you. Is it because of that man you cheated on dad with?" She asked quite forwardly and it made her mother quick to stop talking.

"Of course it is, she claims he has more money than i'd ever be able to have and apparently that's what is most important." Her dad spitted and walked out the living room slamming the door behind him.

Suddenly Mingi now burst into the room and he didn't say anything for a moment.
"What's going on? Mom? Where's dad going?"

We heard a car engine outside start, with the sound slowly getting further away which made us all look at their mom. Mingi took one glance at the paper Y/n was clenching so tightly to and then stormed out of the room after his dad and went out the front door.

"Jeongin." She now turned to me. "Help me." Her tears suddenly flooded out her once tough face and I rushed to her wrapping my arms around her body letting her tears soak into my jacket. I'd never seen her cry before, ever.

"I want to be back under that sunset forever." She cried and I looked back up to Y/n's mom.

"I hope you're happy with this new man who apparently was worth the happiness of your children." I said with no sympathy.

"Jeongin, can you get me out of here." She asked me now and I would do anything for her in that moment.