Part 25

I sat in my parents' car, as they drove me home.

They had not said a single word to me since they picked me up from Crossroads.

It was after 11 PM. They had to come pick me up from Crossroads- as I was suspended until graduation. And I would possibly not be able to walk in graduation.

I wasn't going to be able to take my finals. I was going to get a 50%- a failing grade on all of them. Which could impact me going to University.

All I could think about was sitting in Headmaster Ryland's office, and seeing the blue and red lights of the police cars as they entered campus.

I didn't even get to tell my friends that I left. My parents came and whisked me away.

The atmosphere in the car was so tense, you could cut it with a knife. My father was driving- and my mother occasionally glowered at me from the front passenger seat.

When we finally made it back home, my mother said to me coldly, "Go take a seat in the living room."

I went to the living room and took a seat on the plush velvet couch.

I heard my parents whispering to each other, and then they came into the living room.

My father spoke as my parents stood in front of me in the dimly lit room.

"Natasha. We are extremely disappointed in you." my father spoke.

My mother looked at him like he had three heads. "Disappointed? That is the understatement of the century!" she then turned to me. "Natasha Mariah Morton, I have never been so angry at you in my life. This tops the shenanigans that you put us through last year. You just threw your entire future away. You may not be able to attend University now! And please, explain to me why you had Blaze Callanan of all people visiting you on campus?"

There was practically steam coming out of her ears.

Before I could say anything she carried on, "Seriously, Blaze Callanan? That degenerate of all people. The fact that you were even associating with her makes me sick. After all her family has blamed us for. You have betrayed us. Why? Just why, Natasha!"

Hearing her call Blaze a degenerate set me off. Hearing her speak of Blaze's family made my blood boil.

I jumped up from the couch and faced them. There were tears streaming from my face as I practically shouted, "Because I am in love with her, okay? We have been together the whole term, and she is my girlfriend. That's why. Now you know."

My father's expression was pure shock. My mother's was pure rage.

"Well, she is not your girlfriend anymore." my mother said simply.

"You can't stop me." I said, breathless.

"Just watch me." she said, "Now go to your room. You won't be leaving there much the next two weeks. We have to see if Headmaster Ryland lets you come back to even graduate. Oh- and don't even think about trying to call Blaze. I can track the numbers dialed on the phones."

My parents then walked out. I swore my father looked at me with slight sympathy as he left.

My mother was right. I barely left my room for the next two weeks- not because they wouldn't let me. But because I had sunk back into a deep depression. I couldn't stop thinking about Blaze. I was crying constantly. Life did not feel real for those two weeks with my parents. They barely spoke to me. My mother only spoke to me to tell me to eat something- and not in a caring way. Like I was a burden to her. I wanted to scream at her that she never cared about me- Blaze did. And she was all I wanted.