Part 17

On Monday morning I went to Headmaster Ryland's office to get permission to travel next Saturday.

Henrietta was sitting at her desk in front of the Headmaster's office.

"Hello, Miss Morton. How can I help you?" she asked me.

"I have to tell Headmaster Ryland that I will be traveling off campus this weekend." I said.

Henrietta nodded, "Very well. Let me go get her."

Henrietta got up, walked up to the Headmaster's door, and knocked. A moment later, she opened the door a crack, peaked her head in, and said, "Travel request."

A moment later, Headmaster Ryland came out.

"Natasha Morton. You're traveling this weekend?" she asked me.

"Yes. I will be visiting my brother to tour his University."

Headmaster Ryland shot me a look of confusion. "But with your grades...never mind. Very well. Will you be gone Friday and Saturday night?"

"Just Saturday." I said.

"Okay. Permission has been granted."

"Thank you, Headmaster." I said.

It dumb to be that I needed permission. I was an adult. I will be 19 years old in April.

Samantha was the only one who knew where I was really going. I was going to be taking a train to Valoria- and then Blaze and her roommate, Nicolette, would come pick me up.

The Friday before I was going to go to Valoria, Melina came up to Samantha and I when we were eating lunch together.

"Hey Melina, how are you?" I asked her.

In the midst of everything happening with Blaze- I felt bad- but I hadn't put too much thought into my relationship with her.

"Good." she said, "I wanted to ask you if you would like to go to a bar or something tomorrow night?"

Samantha glanced at me.

"I'm so sorry, Melina. But I am actually going to be visiting my brother tomorrow night at his University." I said.

"Oh!" she said, a flicker of disappointment coming across her face, "I hope you have fun. We can do something next week, I hope?"

"Yes." I nodded, "That would be nice."

After Melina walked away Samantha looked at me and said, "You're going to have to do something about her."

I sighed, "I know. Even if Blaze and I don't become an official couple, or start dating- my heart is not in it with Melina."

"I know." Samantha said, "You'll break it to her soon."

The train station was only a few minutes away from Crossroads- which I was thankful for, because it was a very cold night at the end of January.

The train ride to Valoria was only 45 minutes. Our country is made up of Raya, Valoria, Naples, Vesuvio, Rockwell, and Caldwell River. I was certain no one from Caldwell River went to Crossroads- it was the country out there and most of the people that lived there did not attend University.

I thought about Blaze the whole ride to Valoria. I knew this was all happening fast- but it felt right.

Blaze said she would be waiting for me when I got off the train.

When I got off at the Valoria stop near Upright Academy, I looked around for Blaze.

After a moment I saw her- she was standing next to a shorter, curvy girl with long, light blonde curls. I figured that was Nicolette, her roommate.